The MUD 100 series Videos thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
So, we've seen a bunch of 100 series videos, here and there, mostly Youtube.
Some were informative, interesting, or downright awe-inspiring.
It may be time to have a repository thread where everybody could post their favorite video involving 100 series trucks! Like our great pic thread.
That would be this videos thread.

Obviously, we'd like to see interesting stuff, in good taste, from suitable sources, not gratuitously embarrassing to someone else, not intended for commercial advertisement or shameless self-promotion -not that mudders would ever do that, of course :) - , etc etc. Great scenery is good too.

Of particular interest are videos that show aspects of 100 wheeling or hardware that are less commonly seen.

Please post here with a direct link to the video if publicly accessible, not a link to another thread containing the video. Embedding is nicer than a link to the youtube site. (I assume the vid ID on youtube etc stays the same over time.) A brief mention of why the video is interesting should be added to let people judge if they want to watch or not. May also be a good idea to specify the specific timelines when interesting things are shown if otherwise less than compelling.

Please limit replies to tech (as in comments on performance, mods, hardware, driving skills, terrain, etc). When quoting, please remove embedded vid links so we don't have many image duplicates. It is also best not to refer to post numbers as these may change if posts are deleted.

If this works OK and we're not cluttered with tons of uninteresting vids, I'll sticky it.

So, scour Youtube and the like or our own MUD threads for great vids, and have a go at it!

(I wonder if there is a way to rate posts to pinpoint the interesting vids, will look into that.)

Example:

You can use the vid ID numbers as described in Jon's post below -thanks- and elsewhere here (the Help forum for instance). Very simple. You can find the ID in the URL link, or for Youtube, go into the "Share" box under the vid window, this will show the number (as in Gc7hjJeC2gA for example) and give a full link too.
You would then write here in the text of your post, anywhere, the following string:
[yout@be]Gc7hjJeC2gA[/yout@be]
where the "@" is actually a "u" (I can't write it or it won't show). If you write the "u" in correctly, the string above will give you an embedded image and vid as in this:

Also, you can click on "Embed" further down and see embedding HTML code that could perhaps be used here with the appropriate tweaks, and could include other features such as a bigger image. Somebody elaborate on that if you know how, please.

Alternatively, in the "Share" box there is a link that you can directly paste here, as in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc7hjJeC2gA which will get you to the Youtube site to watch this video in full.
A nice feature is that you can have it start at a point of your choosing too, by setting that up next to the link box, as in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc7hjJeC2gA&t=1m00s
to get directly to a desired part.
This approach gets you to the Youtube site with all the extra info, which is nice, but doesn't give you the image here to give us a feel for the vid. If you do this, try to add some more comments to describe the vid.

added 12/16/11 - there is another -more visual- description of how to post vids by Pfran in post 133 if you can't figure out the above

Last edited:
Ha!!! :flipoff2:

If the thread allows, I'll continue adding my videos to this post, I like seeing the chronological progression of the rig.

And since I know someone will ask, to embed youtube;

See below for HOW TO EMBED VIDEO!!!!

{youtube}PMaqkZNE5Ik{/youtube}
replace { with [ and keep the last part of your video's URL in the middle.

Example: the URL for my first video is www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7xSEfjcJY
To embed it in the forum I just use the 4I7xSEfjcJY string at the end.
{youtube}4I7xSEfjcJY{/youtube}
replace { with [

Same goes for Vimeo
{vimeo}21294655{/vimeo}

Last edited:
Maybe it's me but I'm not understanding your YouTube embedding instructions. Break it down for me.

Last edited:
Here is that russian video about those impressive arctic 105s (?) from R3's thread - thanks. A nice example of arctic style mods for wet wheeling on unimproved terrain and of course for serious snow work. Kamchatka anyone? (No idea what they are saying in there at the end, don't blame me if questionable...) There are also some great vids out there about the Ladoga annual comp, but I don't remember if they had some 100s yet. If so, we definitely need those here...

Last edited:
all i see is a small black square with an orange-ish border.
i'm running Firefox 5.0 on MacOS X 10.6.8 if that helps.

EDIT: Safari works fine, looks like a Firefox issue or my settings in Firefox. Let me fire up my Ubuntu Linux PC and test there.
EDIT2: works fine on Firefox 3.6.18 on Ubuntu 10.10. I have to get ready for two job interviews so i'll have a play with the settings when i get home in about 12 hours
cheers
peter

Last edited:
all i see is a small black square with an orange-ish border.
i'm running Firefox 5.0 on MacOS X 10.6.8 if that helps.

EDIT: Safari works fine, looks like a Firefox issue or my settings in Firefox. Let me fire up my Ubuntu Linux PC and test there.
EDIT2: works fine on Firefox 3.6.18 on Ubuntu 10.10. I have to get ready for two job interviews so i'll have a play with the settings when i get home in about 12 hours
cheers
peter

Works fine with Firefox 5.0, Chrome 12, IE 9, Safari 3.2, Opera 11.50 in Windows 7 64 bit. Mac Issue?

Haven't tried Netscape yet. :)

To 1LoudLX: I never said anything bad about macs. My next laptop will probably be one when the new ones come out. So shut it!

Last edited:
jonharis, those vids are awesome. Your rig looks great, too. Blueberry looks hawt. And i said it before, but i love TLC offroad in HD. Really gotta make it out to Colorado in my rig one day.

pfran - that looks like something i'm accustomed to running. And I love the 3'' lift. Makes me want to add spacers.

Here are the ones I have........just realized most of them are of Nicks 100 lol

Works fine with Firefox 5.0, Chrome 12, IE 9, Safari 3.2, Opera 11.50 in Windows 7 64 bit. Mac Issue?

Haven't tried Netscape yet. :)

To 1LoudLX: I never said anything bad about macs. My next laptop will probably be one when the new ones come out. So shut it!

yeah Safari is ok on the Mac.

here's a screenshot of what i see on FF5
ss640.jpg
I've had a few issues with Firefox 5 on my Mac...freezes etc....time for some bug reports i think.
cheers
peter
ss640.jpg

Hijack .. did you try Chrome in ubuntu .. ( running 11 now ) it just fly .. !

a bit of mud action, and why some folks 8 the stuff...
note that his PS is his PS not our PS... :)
lessons to be learned?

to be Tech .. it's a 105 series .. ;) and needs front locker ( can't see if have in the rear ) plus better tires ( or chains ! ) if want to play in mud steps like this one ..

to be Tech .. it's a 105 series .. ;) and needs front locker ( can't see if have in the rear ) plus better tires ( or chains ! ) if want to play in mud steps like this one ..

Well, we don't know that he doesn't have a front locker. Could have forgotten to turn it on... Aussies you know... :D

(nah, j/k, love you guys down there... :) ) Big ledge for a mud pit for sure and tires do look a bit clogged up indeed...

I can give a bit of info on the Green beast (i go wheeling with the guy).... Its a build that's been going on for a while.. No lockers back then but front and back is locked up wirt ARB lockers now... nice rig too!! I should get Pete to join IH8MUD, and do a build thread!!!

fishy

another try

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A5_yB7nIZYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom