The “miracle” leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I swear to god it’s like one of those crying Virgin Mary statues. I’ve replaced the PHH and the coolant line that runs from the underside of the TB to the side of the block. The coolant starts to appear on the side? Of the manifold. There don’t seem to be any coolant lines above that area sans the PHH, and I can see that’s not the culprit. Any ideas? You can see where the fluid was in the photos, it had freshly leaked. Any and all ideas welcome!

AC9BC59B-0B28-4423-BCD5-585A982F611B.jpeg

AB55D763-5D49-4963-B8AF-A945B5F940B1.jpeg

D01C2DCF-A970-40C4-87D7-565CED26A995.jpeg

001EF6D6-1A16-420C-AF98-5FF80C8E1E4D.jpeg

Appears to be an original PHH (or replacement with the Toyota part which comes with the pipe and hose attached). The hose appears to be bulging and there's a wet spot above the hose on the intake runner (coolant squirting upward under pressure?).

I swear to god it’s like one of those crying Virgin Mary statues. I’ve replaced the PHH and the coolant line that runs from the underside of the TB to the side of the block. The coolant starts to appear on the side? Of the manifold. There don’t seem to be any coolant lines above that area sans the PHH, and I can see that’s not the culprit. Any ideas? You can see where the fluid was in the photos, it had freshly leaked. Any and all ideas welcome!

View attachment 2740455

View attachment 2740456

View attachment 2740457

View attachment 2740458
How long ago was it since you replaced the PHH? The one in your photo looks original like @Kernal says. The original comes with the metal pipe and hose already bonded. Its hard to see from your photo but are you sure you put a hose clamp on the head end side of the hose?

Looks like new hose with old whirly gigs. Bottom clamp is just the pressure clamp for low pressure lines. Top band looks either reused or severely patina’d.

Well shot I must have misidentified the PHH…is it not part of the rear heater deletion?

Appears to be an original PHH (or replacement with the Toyota part which comes with the pipe and hose attached). The hose appears to be bulging and there's a wet spot above the hose on the intake runner (coolant squirting upward under pressure?).
I see where you’re talking about, but the coolant is dripping down onto the hose with said bubble from the manifold. THATS why I’m scratching my head

There are two coolant hoses above the PHH buried under the intake manifold.
They are to warm the throttle body and prevent icing.
Have these lines ever been changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom