The Maytag hot tank parts cleaner - While she was out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It just doesn't get any cleaner. Post your pics of what you did to your truck While she was out!

IMG_20200516_155732.jpg

Left it in for about an hour with literally one drop of dish liquid. The dishwasher soap would etch the aluminium. It wash just perfect. Though the bearing surface began to flash quickly I got the ATF on it right away and wiped it all down good. No harm done. Started to dry as soon as I opened the door!
IMG_20200516_170641.jpg

Well, at least now I know what to do with our (otherwise awesome, SS interior) white dishwasher when I find one in black/SS to match all our other appliances. Into the shop she goes!

Is that an old dishwasher out in the Garage, or the same one you use for dishes? If it is the same dishwasher you use for dishes, I assume you're a bachelor or soon to be single??

Got a before photo? (while you're still alive, before the wife gets home)

Here you go: maybe a few treatments in a row of the AFFRESH will get the grease and grime out, don't forget to clean the filter.

It's not just for the odor, it's a specific cleaner designed to break up the grease and grime stuck inside the machine.

Amazon product ASIN B002R0DXQE

Last edited:
Is that an old dishwasher out in the Garage, or the same one you use for dishes? If it is the same dishwasher you use for dishes, I assume you're a bachelor or soon to be single??

Got a before photo? (while you're still alive, before the wife gets home)
Haha it's all good. First I pressure washed it twice and then into the varsol washer. All dried up and into the hot tank for an hour. So not a lot of visual difference in the before and after. Just a bit more piece of mind knowing that I could not have cleaned it any better than I did. So if the rebuild fails it won't for a dirty casting.

Run some bleach through it after and she commented on how nice and clean the house smelled. Turns out I'm awesome after all!

Last edited:

My first words were "This dude MUST be single." haha. I am notorious for using kitchen utensils for car projects, but this is next level ha.

Not a cleaning expert, but one thing I learned years ago when rebuilding a washing machine; bleach doesn't do it. You need to use the cleaners (like Affresh) designed to break up the scum and grease and release it from the nooks and crannies inside the machine.

Hope you survive the night, but you could always sleep in your truck.

Edit double post

Last edited:
Not a cleaning expert, but one thing I learned years ago when rebuilding a washing machine; bleach doesn't do it. You need to use the cleaners designed
for that purpose. Hope you survive the night, but you could always sleep
in
Agreed. The javex is only a smoke screen

I've got my own convection toaster oven in the shop. It perfect for small powder coating projects, drying off items after washing and expanding bearings.
Its nicer than the one we have in the kitchen. LOL

:ninja: I may or may not have used our dishwasher while the :princess: was out to clean some parts.

<this message will self destruct in 30sec>

No photo evidence

I once took apart a microwave to create my own stick welder using the transformer and some other spare parts in the garage...

Maybe I shouldn't have used our only microwave. I figured it would be alright since I ended up getting a nice new SS one. It was a win-win. I got a project/new welder, and the wife got a new microwave. I was wrong... I still hear about it all the time.

But this is something new... I gotta give this a try. I've always tried to use the parts washer at work, silly me, I have a perfectly good dishwasher at home.

buy a used dishwasher,put it on a furniture dolly,hook up via a long garden hose to the hot water supply side the clothes washer is hooked up to.put a return in a 5 gallon bucket for the old gray water,which if you use the right detergent won't hurt the lawn and wash away.i had this rigged up years ago and it worked great most dishwashers will use 4-5 gallons of water.you can store stuff in there when done and use the top as a small work station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom