The Little Truggy That Could (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HungryMedic

That doesn't look too hard... What could go wrong?
Threads
Well guys since the FJ is gone, I wanted another rig to wheel with and build on over the next while.
I loved the capability of the FJC and all the luxuries, but, I was always scared I wouldn't make it home after the weekend. I really wanted a dedicated trail rig. So I started my search for a beater...

I found a for sale post on Hardline and decided to call and chat with the PO. He was a young guy in north/central AL. He bought the truggy put seats in it and played a little and then sold it. It's a 79 Toyota with Dirty Thirty chromolly axles in front, high steer,38" tsl swampers with 15" bead locks. It has dual transfer cases, rear drive shaft disconnect with separate rear braking, separate throttle on shifter as well as floorboard, front fenders have been bobbed/dove-nosed, full exocage, stinger, 15 gal. gas tank, asin hubs, welded front and rear, 4 speed transmission, chevy leafs on rear, Toyota on front, pro comp shocks, the 2.2l 4 cylinder (20r) motor with off road weber carburetor, k&n filter, and 8000 lb winch to push, hurl, or drag this ROCKet ship to infinity and beyond!.... The shop.

She needs some TLC, but I have HUGE expectations from her. It will be a great base to start my 4 link truggy on.

So, Without further adieu....
I present...
My Lil' Monster.

image-1661982844.jpg

image-3227801046.jpg

image-3992996810.jpg

image-111596889.jpg

image-1727540825.jpg

image-4104316891.jpg

image-4006393060.jpg

image-4179619552.jpg

Last edited:
March 8

Installed 4 marine speakers and the new head unit. Installed the switch panel and wired it up. It fits perfectly in the glove box but I'm fab some kind of mount for it. Welded the cb mounts on and wired those up. And finally go around to changing the coolant reservoir from a beer can to an actual reservoir. Got the winch working... The like speed is SLOW S....L.....O....W but, it works.

Gonna burn myself with a welder a few time but ima home build this thing right.

Last edited:
It is ugly, Jonas... But at least it's seen a trail ;D

dontcha wanna?

It is ugly, Jonas... But at least it's seen a trail ;D

dontcha wanna?

Too many by the looks of it. Just wondering but are you still under the false impression that my truck has never been on a trail? For the record when I said ugly, I meant capable, mean, nasty on the trail, etc., etc. Sorry if you got your feelings hurt.

It is ugly... Like only a mother could love it ugly!

dontcha wanna?

Put a 62 grill on it. That'll make it all da mo better

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Looks like a good trail rig, enjoy it some before you try to change it.
Put a 3RZ and some Longfields then enjoy.

It has chromoly axles. Right now electrical is my first task. After that its fix it as I break it for a little while.

dontcha wanna?

Last edited:
If we make it, I'll let you be the first.

Waiting on clinical schedules

dontcha wanna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom