the" LIGHTS "went out in Georgia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the headlights on my fj40 ( 1974) went out tonight, leaving a good "ole southern fish fry" on the Flint River tonight.

Got in the truck all the lights were working fine, drove about a mile---got to the gate ( slightly ruff terrian/gravel road) went to unlock gate, and got back in the rig, and one of my Friends was , what is this switch and turns the wipers on:rolleyes::rolleyes:, and we were checking out the under dash light , and i went to leave the property and they go out :confused:NO HEADLIGHTS or running lights????:frown::frown:. Turnsignals work............checked the fuse, looked fine. Put in spare ---still no lights.........i am bummed:idea: , i had to leave it out at the river tonight ( but it's safe behind a locked gate w/ friends camping out at the cabin------any suggestions on what's wrong with the lights????

my lights come and go time to time its normally a bad ground at my fuse box couple hits on the side and front get them all back, if EVERYTHING went out at the same time thats the only thing i can imagine being a problem....
but if everything worked b4 your friend turned on the wipers i would have to guess the problems lie in that switch he messed with.

Do you have a headlight relay?

have no clue:eek::eek::eek:.....where is it located??????

and BTW the wipers still worked.............

thunder and lighing and rain..........and no top:frown::frown:

can't wait to daylight and i am heading down to get her:D:D

I don't know if your rig is stock. Some folks put a relay in the engine compartment, follow the headlight wires to the cowl. If you don't find anything then we'll say no relay. What else, light switch, light dimmer switch, bad connection, fuse problem. Maybe both headlights burned out at the same time.:p

Just curious......what part of Georgia? I was raised within view of the Flint River myself. ..........................1978HJ45

were we below Sprewell Bluff WMA/State park.........on a private farn on Yellow Jacket Shoals..........

Did you get it back home and fix the problem ? or at least find the problem ? Hope it turned out OK.

Did you get it back home and fix the problem ? or at least find the problem ? Hope it turned out OK.

Mossman---got the rig home and dryed it out all day yesterday.......i think i found a light relay ( little after market box about the size as a box of matches.....??? mounted on fender well) ,,,,,,,,checked the conections on headlights fine/ no blown fuse..........got a friend ( mech.) coming over later today to help me figure it out ...........maybe it the light switch:frown::frown:.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom