The Lift, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A while back it was mentioned i should start a thread where i can get a list together of all the things i need to get this lift on. Well what do i need? all i have is the lift, i know there were some specific shackles and other things that ya'll had recommended. Oh and tires of course...remember this is for Billy now!

Also, I am about to order a new power steering gear box, since mine has a bad leak. I wiped some sludge off of it and found that it has 71-76 impala written on it. Should i get another one just like it? I have found one on autozone online, that i think is a 4 LTL. Ya'll think i need the whole 4? any good sources for a new box other than the zone?

I like your style! Have the kid then start spendin'. Extended brake lines and some bushings (for the frame side). You can run the stock shackles if you want. Are you going to run 35's? Chris just bought a p/s box. Get with him. I'm sure it came from Car Quest. Try to do all your business with Car Quest in Richland if you can. They really step up for our raffle. Chris has the hook up with them. Let us know when you want to do it and it will be done in an afternoon.

Later,

Gates Talk with Mike Gray at CQ 601-932-7444
Make sure you tell Mike your with Cottonland Land Cruisers and that I told you to call him.
You might still have a better price at the Zone and if you do, tell Mike and see if he can match it.

let me know if I can help in any way.

I am not sure about the tires. I guess 35's. I will start gathering. Chris thanks for the lead on the gear box.

Should I go with the exact same gearbox?

I would think so, I can get you the CQ# Saginaw box that I used if you need it.

isn't TPi Bob the guy who was at the crawl a few years ago in a slick extended forty?

...i got a new saginaw box...the guy at carquest said i would need some sort of special tool to get the bolt off of the bottom, where the mechanism that turns the wheel attaches... is this the case? It looks like a heavy bolt is screwed on under it...i could get that off, but is the actual part hard to separate from the box? I do have a 5 pound hammer, bought to try and beat some old brake drums out...would that be a bad idea?

if it requires a fancy tool, you know i don't have it...i will start working on these other parts for the lift...and then see if we can organize a work day (at forty niner tire?)...to bolt it all on... don't worry, the high life is on me...

thanks for all the pointers ya'll, I can't wait to see her with the lift, and then the tires...and then the new winch...

Billy can't wait either.

W

oh and the brake lines...do i need to get all new lines or can i get extensions? you know...like beyonce.

Yes you will have to get new brake lines. Use the search function to get what you need. New lines is the way I would go.

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom