The life and times of my 1987 Toyota Pickup - KLF Special (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread. Awesome truck!!! ^^^ run it. Some paint the old plastic to match. An upholstery shop can make you a custom boot.

Thanks @ceylonfj40nut!

Looks like I'm going to be doing some painting this weekend. :bounce:

Talk to @CaptClose about trim painting etc. He is a wizard. He may have some tips.

Talk to @CaptClose about trim painting etc. He is a wizard. He may have some tips.

Ya got any tips for me @CaptClose? I was going to keep the top black like the rest of it and then paint the bottom the interior gray. I painted some interior pieces a long time ago on my first car and I remember cleaning and prepping the hell out of them. I think I even got some paint made to "color match" and used that.

I believe Duplicolor makes interior trim specific paint. I agree with Ceylon. Any good upholstery shop could make you shifter boots to match the size of opening you have. Just use CAD* to make a template with the center of shifter mounts on it and take him a photo of what you’re after.

*Cardboard Aided Design

I believe Duplicolor makes interior trim specific paint. I agree with Ceylon. Any good upholstery shop could make you shifter boots to match the size of opening you have. Just use CAD* to make a template with the center of shifter mounts on it and take him a photo of what you’re after.

*Cardboard Aided Design

I love the CAD reference. I was going to say I have absolutely no earthly idea how to use it... 🤣

I restore vintage Airstream trailers for a living, and every one has a slightly different radius everywhere a cabinet needs to go, so I use my personal version of CAD on an almost daily basis.

Run it.

You can paint it gray to match anytime.

I restore vintage Airstream trailers for a living, and every one has a slightly different radius everywhere a cabinet needs to go, so I use my personal version of CAD on an almost daily basis.
Is there a big market for vintage Airstreams down in Roca Blanka?
I could use some guidance with mine ...

Ya got any tips for me @CaptClose? I was going to keep the top black like the rest of it and then paint the bottom the interior gray. I painted some interior pieces a long time ago on my first car and I remember cleaning and prepping the hell out of them. I think I even got some paint made to "color match" and used that.

Whoa! I’m drooling over this truck man. Looks great brother. Yeah. Just paint that new bezel black to match the rest of the trim. It’ll look like it belongs there. I’ve got just the color, I’ll try and post a pic of the can later, I’m away from my garage at the moment. Just wipe it down and spray some adhesion promoter and then follow up with three light coats of paint. It’ll look like new.

Is there a big market for vintage Airstreams down in Roca Blanka?
I could use some guidance with mine ...

There is. I’m 2 hours north of Seattle in “Whiterock”, which translates to Roca Blanca in Spanish.

PM me if you like.

Whoa! I’m drooling over this truck man. Looks great brother. Yeah. Just paint that new bezel black to match the rest of the trim. It’ll look like it belongs there. I’ve got just the color, I’ll try and post a pic of the can later, I’m away from my garage at the moment. Just wipe it down and spray some adhesion promoter and then follow up with three light coats of paint. It’ll look like new.

Thanks CaptClose! I don't think I used adhesion promoter the first time so I will give it a whirl now! And if you could get me a picture of that can of paint when you're able to that would be awesome too!

Finally got this thing framed, now hanging in my office:

Oh and G-Cat, how's the 4Runner coming along?

I’m in DC for an extended work TDY...I thought all was well, but it died (low idle) several times on my wife. Not sure if it’s sucking air or there is another cause. I’ll be home in a week and hope to address.

If only there was a real truck like that?! Imagine how cool it would be to own it?!?!

Well I do admit that I do miss it sometimes. Then I get in my Cruiser with a real V8 engine, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, cold AC, fridge in the center console, radar cruise control, and so on... Life isn't so bad.

Well I do admit that I do miss it sometimes. Then I get in my Cruiser with a real V8 engine, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, cold AC, fridge in the center console, radar cruise control, and so on... Life isn't so bad.
then why haven't you changed your avatar?

So not much of an update, but this here in sunny, warm Tucson Arizona it is snowing - and not the normal snow that lasts for 30 minutes.

Driving to work was a little intense this morning

MisUVU.jpg

u1wIgh.jpg

I know this isn't that crazy for most people...but here in the middle of the desert this is not normal!! My old Ford hasn't seen snow since I brought it home from the family farm 5 years ago.

zuFrPM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom