The least stress voting-related item today: What is, hands down, the best factory color for a FJ60/62? (Okay, I'll give you 2 choices) (1 Viewer)

What is, hands down, the best factory color for a FJ60/62?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

861 Light Blue Metallic and 033 White because my Dad wanted to buy a white one but had every color but white. He settled on 861. The poll is kinda confusing though. Not sure if you are referencing “light blue” as 861 or “blue metallic” as 861. Seeing as there are multiple blue metallics throughout the years. Add the codes in the poll options.

This is a customer of mine 84fj60 factory paint code

IMG_20200501_135243.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200501115404604_COVER.jpg

White and beige are absolute classics, and 'look the look' for a 60-series wagon, no question, but we're talking about the best, not the cliche. Since any practical differences are academic if real, I think it's personal taste. I don't really regret not having a white one, since I've never liked white cars or trucks (boom, personal taste!), so that rules them out. Beige is also classic, and I like how it looks on a 60, but it doesn't do anything special for me -- let's call it a solid 'meh' instead of a reluctant 'no' for personal taste. Same story, minus the 'Just like in National Geographic!' factor for the grey, silver, and rootbeer brown.

Then, mine is 4e9, 'Champagne Bronze,' depending on which of the original marketing literature you look at. When I got the truck in 2010, through several rough patches where I decided not to sell the damn thing, and to the present, it's always been my least favorite color on the body style, by far. Yet, I still love the truck, and am planning to match the paint if I ever get to the point of dealing with cosmetic bodywork issues instead of leaving gross primer or going nuclear and repainting the whole truck (and picking a different color). Like, I like it, even, but it never left last place among the factory colors.

So, with all of that out of the way, what do I like?

I voted for red and the darker blue because those are the colors that, if I see them on a 60 in person, in good shape, they ALWAYS make me go 'ooh' and feel jealous. In bad shape, don't you dare argue they don't patina (then bubble, then visibly rust, then get holes....) the best of the factory colors, too. A red 60 with a tan interior just looks so...iconic, even though the real-life icons roaming the world were all white or dune beige. It looks just as good whether you keep or ditch the chrome, and deep (but not gaudy) primary colors just *pop* so much in person.

dark grey is my fav but probably because that’s what i own. i have always been partial to the two tone though with dark lower and light upperView attachment 2487020
This is the color I wanted when I started my search a couple years ago. I ended up prioritizing my search for a sound, rust free 60 over a color preference. That said, I'm now partial to silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom