The LC gods smiled on me last week... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My Jetta TDI is a blast to drive and get's 41mpg in 70% city driving. Best commuter I've had. !@$#ing MOPAC rush hour

What year is your Jetta TDI? My wife has the Sportwagen Jetta TDI. It is a 09, so it is one of the recalls. I think we are just going to sell it back to them. Bummed as it is fun to drive and the MPG is awesome of course.

What year is your Jetta TDI? My wife has the Sportwagen Jetta TDI. It is a 09, so it is one of the recalls. I think we are just going to sell it back to them. Bummed as it is fun to drive and the MPG is awesome of course.

DSG or 6MT? people with gen1 DSG opting for the fix are having huge issues.. cars totally disabled and people in loaners (not diesels either) for weeks to months..

Its an 06 dsg with an updated and new dual mass flywheel. I dig it and it was dirt cheap

1st Gen DSG. That is the reason we are considering selling back as have been reading horror stories about the "fixes" in Europe.

No problems with mine... Don't plan to have vw "fix" it. Got it inspected a week ago.

An 06 shouldn't be involved in the dieselgate mess. I've had 98, 99, 03, and 10 jetta TDIs and loved every one of them (the 99 is still on the road with 450k+ miles).

If you need access to a diagnostic cable I have a VCDS system and can help out. It'll even allow coding like making all doors unlock on first keyfob click, beep or no beep for the alarm, etc. Some of my timing belt tools might even be useful for an 06.. I haven't messed with the PD engines much. Lots of experience with 99-03 and 09+ though.

BTW if you haven't done it already, with an 06 it's a REALLY good idea to pull the valve cover and have a look at the camshaft. They are known to self-destruct. Also maybe a UOA. You may already know all of this. I haven't been paying attention enough to make oil recommendations but for a long time the word on the street with PD engines was to be militant about VW's spec, which excludes a bunch of very good diesel motor oils.

I would like to do the fob trick. Don't know what a UOA is. The other items I have learned through reading forums.

I have not pulled the valve cover to inspect. The car has only 118k on it. I am going to ignore the cam until I start getting symptoms, then replace it with hardened cam from Kerma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom