The Last Roundup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSES
All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week
that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009. The trust department that has handled
Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son
who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his
family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.
All the scheduled events we have listed before July will be held as planned. Events scheduled
after July will be moved up if time and logistics work out. We will be posting them up on our
website as things come together.
We are actively working on other possible land opportunities, but these are distant chances.
Consequently, if you want to wheel at Katemcy before its closed, you need to do so on or
before June 13-14, 2009. We currently have four more events scheduled before the end:
1. March 19-22Lone Star Landcruiser's Round up (closed event)
2. April 24-26 Lone Star Early Bronco's Roundup (closed event)
3. May 2-3 Baertrax's & Trail Duty's Customer Appreciation runs (open event)
4. May 23-25 Memorial Day Weekend Blowout (our last one - open event)
5. June 13-14 Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” (open event)
If there is enough interest, we may cancel our Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip and schedule one
more open event on April 4-5. As it stands, Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” will be our
last event at Katemcy Rocks.
It has been an honor and privilege to wheel this property for 8 years. We have meet so many
friends through the years and hope to see all of you back here at the Rocks before we close.
Happy Trails,
Randy, Shain, Pam, Casey, Jessica, Juanita, Jerry and Elaine

i was just reading that on rising sun's website...good thing i'm coming down this year:eek:

Man I hate this. Glad I am going.

mike, you're welcome to wheel the marshmellow a bit.

This sucks!

Later,

Knowing Randy, he'll have some 'options' figured out by the time we get there.

Keep the faith.:)

"The Last Roundup" is such a cool soundin' phrase that's it's a shame we didn't know 'bout it 'fore the t-shirts were printed. Could of had a real nice theme with that one. :cool:

:flamingo:

mike, you're welcome to wheel the marshmellow a bit.

Thanks Ige. I'll just be glad to be in Hill Country, in a recliner, drinking a beer and, most importantly..... Not working on the house.

"The Last Roundup" is such a cool soundin' phrase that's it's a shame we didn't know 'bout it 'fore the t-shirts were printed. Could of had a real nice theme with that one. :cool:

:flamingo:

I think Butch already mentioned somewhere's that there's gonna be a commemorative-tyoe hoodie made after the fact, so that option is still open.

PAGING the following attendees:
Please send me a note at krisfj40@yahoo.com with an accurate email address for you...

dgrdgd@yahoo.com
Charles Owen (cvo@4020verizon.net)
James Davies (james.davies@earthlink.net)

Butch, I'm in The Woodlands with no way to send Kristie an email.... odd I can get an internet connection..... XXL shirt, 2 for the BBQ and 1 young'n at the raffle..... If you could relay that I'd appriciate it.

Mike

Butch, I'm in The Woodlands with no way to send Kristie an email.... odd I can get an internet connection..... XXL shirt, 2 for the BBQ and 1 young'n at the raffle..... If you could relay that I'd appriciate it.

Mike

done.........why come you can post here but can't do e mail?

Updated our travel info!

Justin

You done??? you had a pretty big list when i talked to ya this morning.:clap::cheers: have you figured out which way you're driving? give me a call in the morning and we'll see where we are.:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom