The Land Cruiser Shop V8 Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which engine/trans combo are you going with?

Million dollar question right there -- seems it changes week to week :rofl:

I bought an LM7 for the swap, but it's been so long since I've had a chance to work on it that I'm now considering a 6.0 or possibly a GM Performance LS crate engine.

Million dollar question right there -- seems it changes week to week :rofl:

I bought an LM7 for the swap, but it's been so long since I've had a chance to work on it that I'm now considering a 6.0 or possibly a GM Performance LS crate engine.
I put the LM7/4L60E in my daughter's FJ60 a few years ago. It's a good combo and gets decent mileage.

IMG_1115.jpg

I put the LM7/4L60E in my daughter's FJ60 a few years ago. It's a good combo and gets decent mileage.

View attachment 3069868

Well done, that's beautiful!

My original plan was to try to maximize MPG, but now I'm thinking I might like more power instead. Not sure if it's possible to have both, but it seems some of the guys with the 6L swaps aren't doing too bad. I just keep thinking about how heavy these rigs are, especially with armor, accessories, and the full-time 4WD which I'll be keeping.

Hey, do you guys have any loud vibration noise using these mounts since the rubber bushing looks small comparing to other mounts? I prefer not to cut my lc frame and welding. Also, how is the fitment? Appreciate it.
Planning to use the lmk 5.3 and 4l60e. Thanks
Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 3.10.25 PM.png

Hey, do you guys have any loud vibration noise using these mounts since the rubber bushing looks small comparing to other mounts? I prefer not to cut my lc frame and welding. Also, how is the fitment? Appreciate it.
Planning to use the lmk 5.3 and 4l60e. Thanks
View attachment 3478292
I was a bit worried about this as well. They’re poly bushings, which also concerned me.

However, I’ve been driving my rig with these mounts for a couple months now and they’ve been great. Perfect location, no extra fab work. They may have SLIGHTLY more vibration than stock. But, nothing crazy at all.

100% would recommend them to anyone looking for a bolt in option.

So these do work for the 5.3 and 4l60? The description on their site says for the 4l80. Was there any issues with the length and relocating the crossmember?

So these do work for the 5.3 and 4l60? The description on their site says for the 4l80. Was there any issues with the length and relocating the crossmember?
Yes. They'll work perfect for that combo. No relocating anything. Others have said you may need to slot the holes on the crossmember. I didn't have to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom