The Knitting Circle (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably but it should be easier to find one with out the entertainment package.
this one is the 2nd cheapest one I've seen in a very long time. But like the other it has been posted for over a year, which makes me assume there is something wrong with it.

this one is the 2nd cheapest one I've seen in a very long time. But like the other it has been posted for over a year, which makes me assume there is something wrong with it.
What are looking for mileage wise, year, price? I surf the various marketplaces so I'll keep an eye out. There's a couple of 570's out there in the low 20's

What are looking for mileage wise, year, price? I surf the various marketplaces so I'll keep an eye out. There's a couple of 570's out there in the low 20's
I want to stay under 25,000 as a max and less than 100k miles. I'm bouncing between f150s (really prefer the 5.0 will not touch a 5.4) Honda pilot and Ridgeline 2015 or newer (less than 100k) I would get a 4runner but pricers are ridiculous. Tundra. A titan is a big maybe, same for the armada. I'm trying really hard not to notice 40 prices are coming down.... I really thought my 7.3 van would sell quickly. If I get a super grocery getter I'd be really tempted by a 40, 60, or 55.

Zach, I'm about to sale one or both of mine (I have too many cars). Not the mileage you're looking for but a lot lower on the price range.

2003 GX470 225k timing was done at 200k needs front seat leather and driver's side cv just started pooping on hard turns. Bone stock otherwise. We bought it right after the timing belt change

2011 GX460 175k my sister drive it for 150k then I bought it. Just put Goodyear 275/85/R18 on it but stock otherwise.

@Bama4door ran into one of your B'ham boys this week. I think his name was Zach, he just picked up a super clean 470 that he's had a lift and tires done. Clean truck. I got his card, I'll have to find it and throw it at you. Heard you just built a new shop, congrats on that.

@Bama4door ran into one of your B'ham boys this week. I think his name was Zach, he just picked up a super clean 470 that he's had a lift and tires done. Clean truck. I got his card, I'll have to find it and throw it at you. Heard you just built a new shop, congrats on that.
Cool, we will have to get him to a DLC meeting. See you guys at GSMTR in a few weeks

We went to little river canyon today. Kids had a great time playing in the creek. We packed up and went further down stream to high rock. I hopped in to check it out before jumping in from the rocks and found a nope rope. It went under the rocks and far away from where we would be in and out I felt safe to swim. By the time I got back out of the water on top of the rock the snake had moved from in the rocks to right out in the middle of the deep swimming area. It dove down and stayed down for a few minutes. I have always felt pretty safe from snakes in deep water I thought they only stayed around the banks. He came up and started circling the deep swimming area. He would dive stay down for a while then come back up.

Looking for a cabinet guy in Homewood/Birmingham area. I would rather hire a guy doing it as a hobby or a side hustle than but from Home Depot or build them myself. Any suggestions welcome.

Are the transmission issues with the tundras indicative? Guaranteed to happen or is it just a problem with certain years/models? Roll of the dice?

We finally settled on a new vehicle. 2020 4runner TRD off-road. I wanted a gx but decided the rear door wasn't conducive with carrying the trailer. Kait actually wanted to find an lx570 or 100 series after driving one when we were looking for the GX.

I scored a dual zone 60l iceco fridge on eBay and have it in the back running off my old goalzero battery pack.

I spent all day yesterday trying to create some mounts for the solar panel. I decided the 1" aluminum I had wasn't going to do the job that I need 2". I cut unistrut to length for cross bars and it's exactly wide enough to set the 100w panel and our Thule coffin. I really wish I'd given myself another inch.... I ended up taking everything off I didn't like how I was mounting the unistrut to the crossbars. I want to find some capture nuts and use the slots in the factory cross rails vs what I did with brackets from the bottom of the roof rails.

4runner has to have a set of tires pretty immediately the OEM tires are garbage at 23k miles.

Fuel economy is blowing me away. We are averaging over 20mpg the computer has read as high as 24. Much improved over the 12-14 we were getting in the frontier.

What cha talking about?
see below.

Toyota dealer is telling my mother in law her 2013 4.6 4x4 tundra with 98k miles needs a new $7500 transmission.

Didn't Toyota have a run of bad transmissions in the Tundras. Something about bad solenoids and inability to troubleshoot. @Land Speeder had some trans issues in his old tundy I believe.

Yes. I told her about Eric and having to replace solenoids. I think she is doing a fluid change and will let it run but I'm not sure. 100k miles to the junkyard is bad by all standards, maybe it's just a dealer trying to take someone for a ride.

The solenoids are a failure point on all the 4.6L transmissions, from what I have read. They aren't horribly expensive to replace at about $150/solenoid and while you're there, change the filter. I think it's 20 bolts and the pan is dropped. All the solenoids are right there at the bottom of the pan. Overall looks like an easy job, but I am not looking Forward to ever having to do it.

BTW you can test each solenoid with techstream, I did it the last time I changed the fluid in my GX.

We finally settled on a new vehicle. 2020 4runner TRD off-road. I wanted a gx but decided the rear door wasn't conducive with carrying the trailer. Kait actually wanted to find an lx570 or 100 series after driving one when we were looking for the GX.

I scored a dual zone 60l iceco fridge on eBay and have it in the back running off my old goalzero battery pack.

I spent all day yesterday trying to create some mounts for the solar panel. I decided the 1" aluminum I had wasn't going to do the job that I need 2". I cut unistrut to length for cross bars and it's exactly wide enough to set the 100w panel and our Thule coffin. I really wish I'd given myself another inch.... I ended up taking everything off I didn't like how I was mounting the unistrut to the crossbars. I want to find some capture nuts and use the slots in the factory cross rails vs what I did with brackets from the bottom of the roof rails.

4runner has to have a set of tires pretty immediately the OEM tires are garbage at 23k miles.

Fuel economy is blowing me away. We are averaging over 20mpg the computer has read as high as 24. Much improved over the 12-14 we were getting in the frontier.

Where are y'all now?

I’m adding oka uba to the beer selection at Monte sano park store. Y’all come check it out!

on an 01 tundra is this a patch on the frame or how they looked from toyota?

1712860472728.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom