The Jack Handle is...a...Wrench?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I really like the way Toyota thinks and wish I knew some things earlier.

I just read another thread (80 series full size spare tool bolt size) and saw a post from @richardlillard1 nothing that the OEM Jack Handle is actually a 12mm square wrench (the area where the wing nut is to secure it to the extensions) to TIGHTEN THE EXTENSION BOLTS without having to rely on the other tool kit parts!! I fought that stupid extension mess for 2 hours trying to get my truck on stands a few weeks ago and it kept slipping apart (no wrench in site since this was "going to be quick" and my tools, including the jack kit, were 70+ yards away in a locked container). Never mind that I replaced a lost JIS square bolt with a standard 13mm hex (I will be replacing this now that I'm smarter about WHY the square bolt is there).

Anyway, that blew my mind (been a long week) and since they had a pic of the "Spare Tire Let-Down Tool" kit, I figured I'd order a spare Hook part to have in my toolbox at home (coupled with my impact wrench it's SOOOOO MUCH BETTER). I came across this thing called an "Attachment, Screw Jack" P/N 09127-60010. I don't have one and I don't know what it does but it goes on top of the jack. I can't find an actual picture of it but it seems to make the jack head smaller which seems odd as it's scary enough to use with the 2" top on the jack.. Just curious what it does but I personally have (and LOVE) @LandCruiserPhil's Jack Adapter (Land Cruiser Products - LCP).

I really like the way Toyota thinks and wish I knew some things earlier.

I just read another thread (80 series full size spare tool bolt size) and saw a post from @richardlillard1 nothing that the OEM Jack Handle is actually a 12mm square wrench (the area where the wing nut is to secure it to the extensions) to TIGHTEN THE EXTENSION BOLTS without having to rely on the other tool kit parts!! I fought that stupid extension mess for 2 hours trying to get my truck on stands a few weeks ago and it kept slipping apart (no wrench in site since this was "going to be quick" and my tools, including the jack kit, were 70+ yards away in a locked container). Never mind that I replaced a lost JIS square bolt with a standard 13mm hex (I will be replacing this now that I'm smarter about WHY the square bolt is there).

Anyway, that blew my mind (been a long week) and since they had a pic of the "Spare Tire Let-Down Tool" kit, I figured I'd order a spare Hook part to have in my toolbox at home (coupled with my impact wrench it's SOOOOO MUCH BETTER). I came across this thing called an "Attachment, Screw Jack" P/N 09127-60010. I don't have one and I don't know what it does but it goes on top of the jack. I can't find an actual picture of it but it seems to make the jack head smaller which seems odd as it's scary enough to use with the 2" top on the jack.. Just curious what it does but I personally have (and LOVE) @LandCruiserPhil's Jack Adapter (Land Cruiser Products - LCP).

Thanks @Dissent for the prompt!
Over 1000 owners jack safely with an LCP Jack Adapter just say'n
We make adapters from 1-1/4 ID - 2" ID so we have one to fit P/N 09127-60010. What is the purpose of this Toyota part?
Some sizes are still on the secret item menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom