Builds The Guzzler - 2009 LX570 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quite a few people back in there, but the strawberry pt to toleak pt beach is about two miles, still sparse in the grand scheme. One tent and two hammocks for sleeping. Everyone ultra light but the bear can donkey (me).

the headlands are quite a treat for kids with ropes ladders mud and steep.
It’s an approachable two nights for anyone , my eight year old highly recommends.

Decided to take the other ‘large’ skid washer off and put it my reserve parts bin, since the vendor has gone out of business and it’s the only one to fit the larger bolts at the crossmember. Bought three smaller 5/16” stainless steel skid washers from 4wd parts ‘agm’ brand. Used two, have the last in the reserve parts bin. Retorqued to 25 ft lbs. the three were only $7 each, shipping included.

Want to try tall and skinnies? Selling my set to help fund a transition to 17s

Do you have any particular 17" wheels in mind?

Do you have any particular 17" wheels in mind?
90% importing 17” steelies. 10% the evo corse or icon vector. Almost certainly the steelies though.

Per Builds - The Mall Crusher
Replacing the hvac blower fan is easy Peasy. Mine has been making a racket for a year or so, on and off, mainly when cold (winter). Part ordered and hope to replace over thanksgiving.

hvac blower fan came in early. Replacement does NOT require removing the dash or glove box. Remove the access panel under glove box, the parking computer (three screws and three plugs), and then three torx screws and the hvac blower fan will wriggle free. Unplug the connector afterward. Install reverse of removal. Aside from the awkward position to work under the dash no major issues, :banana:. I did unplug the positive battery terminal since the parking computer has to be unplugged.

Went looking for a sled hill today. 90 was closed due to accident so we tried the Arlington, Darrington area.
found a reasonably good hill on Fr 18 past the sno park ( no snow at sno park). There was exactly one set of tracks, and we drove about a mile past where they turned around. Snow got to be about six inches deep, very wet. No trouble at all, we just stopped at the first sled hill.
It is where the first viewpoint is on this map past segelson creek

E984040B-61B9-4B51-ADA8-7ECD1FCB93FF.jpeg

79CFB118-C245-403A-ADB3-C1A80FBDFCC5.jpeg

B5C1D804-F710-4D69-8082-493DF7C00342.jpeg

Got to put my tow rope and tree saver to work pulling a diesel f250 out of a ditch. He’d gone in at a pretty good speed, was in up to the sills, and had popped the bead on the ditch side front tire ( passenger).
no real trouble getting him out, but we had to saw him back and forth once pulling back then front to get a good pull angle ( final recovery was backwards The way he went in.)
all safely executed using soft shackles.
his truck was nearly on its side, deep ditch
wish I’d taken a couple photos Of that.
have my recovery gear queued up for washing behind all the snow clothes

also, airing down is still for real.

we had one other rig go by after we set up to sled, and they went back down just as I was wiping the ice off the sleds. caught them after maybe 10 minutes. They were in an older gen tacoma, then idled along until we could pass. Bombed on down the hill, maybe four miles, was already nearly aired up before they passed at the bottom.

We are trying to keep contact down, so have gone full car potty. Rolling with the standard $10 Amazon pop up privacy tent. Used the five gallon bucket potty for a bit. It worked fine,but I hated devoting the entire trasharoo to it For storage.
got the ironman galvanized folding potty for Christmas. Girls gave It a workout today and it is definitely aces.
they were all on #1 and that doesn’t even require a bag. Cleanup is one wet wipe easy. Drawback is it weighs a lot, like 5 lbs or more. Folded size is only a couple inches flat, so the bag fits easily in a lot of places. Mine slots in between the drawer and tailgate.

That toilet is pretty cool. Just dig a hole, and you are good to go. I think I will pick one of those up myself.

We are trying to keep contact down, so have gone full car potty. Rolling with the standard $10 Amazon pop up privacy tent. Used the five gallon bucket potty for a bit. It worked fine,but I hated devoting the entire trasharoo to it For storage.
got the ironman galvanized folding potty for Christmas. Girls gave It a workout today and it is definitely aces.
they were all on #1 and that doesn’t even require a bag. Cleanup is one wet wipe easy. Drawback is it weighs a lot, like 5 lbs or more. Folded size is only a couple inches flat, so the bag fits easily in a lot of places. Mine slots in between the drawer and tailgate.
Slick. I'd accept that weight in exchange for the compact size when folded.

That toilet is pretty cool. Just dig a hole, and you are good to go. I think I will pick one of those up myself.
Absolutely. For a weekend or even overnight campsite could put in a pit toilet in the time it takes to dig. I bought some bags, but could just as easily cut the bottom out of the bag and use it to line sides for easy cleanup.

Slick. I'd accept that weight in exchange for the compact size when folded.
It folds pretty flat, three metal thicknesses and then 1/2 for the lid which is solid plastic. Those galvanized panels are no joke weight wise. It is beyond sturdy.

Had a non-start in my driveway. Everything looks correct as far as dashboard lights, but not even a turnover on the engine.
Got an array of dashboard lights (the amber RSCA light, which might be normal but I haven't noticed before) and also 4wd and VSC errors on the MID. Very interesting. Multiple relays clicking in passenger footwell, which might be normal or not.

Put on the drip charger, which reports 11v. Last drove five days ago or so, for five hours; should definitely have a full battery.
Will let it charge overnight and see what's up in the morning.

Had to go pickup pizza, so didn't try to jump.

Definitely sounds like battery.

If a battery gets to 11.9 volts it is completely discharged. So it could be toast.

This happened to me a few months back. It turned out it was because my negative cable wasn't tight. It was sufficient to start the truck, but I guess despite the alternator running fine it wasn't charging completely. I trickle charged it for maybe 2 hours and tightened the negative cable and it started right up (well almost, the first time you press start after a drained battery the truck will stall, but it'll work the second time).

Battery charged up fine overnight. I'll double check the posts after work here. I assume it'll start up no problem.

I think the root cause may be leaving the ARB twin on after my last fill. I don't definitively remember turning it off, and it's very possible it has enough draw to flat my battery over a few days time.

Pray it's not the starter....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom