Builds The Guzzler - 2009 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seasoning the new griddle, and giving the popup table and LP quick connect adapter a try too. All seem a go. Definitely 1 beer work.

IMG_6844.JPG

Seasoning the new griddle, and giving the popup table and LP quick connect adapter a try too. All seem a go. Definitely 1 beer work.

View attachment 2353048

Ive been looking for ideas, as I am outgrowing the little cabelas table. How does that table look in the car? I’m trying to get an idea of size when folded. Dimensions would be great!

And looks good!

Ive been looking for ideas, as I am outgrowing the little cabelas table. How does that table look in the car? I’m trying to get an idea of size when folded. Dimensions would be great!

And looks good!
It’s not small. The size of a folding chair? Plenty of space when open with quite a lot of shelf. Also another version which has two more lower shelves on the Side is available
sourced from amazon traveling under the cuisinart name.
easyup and down, less than 30 sec
Amazon product ASIN B079BCGVST

375 minutes used 18% of battery (display read 82%). I don't have a kill-a-watt or similar . . .
Estimated run time (90% duty cycle) = 5*375 min = 1875 min = 31 1/4 hours.

We've been getting grocery delivery, often they'll include 'cold bags' which are metallized bubble wrap. I spent an hour with duct tape and three of these bags and made a cover for the little fridge.
New power numbers:
1593800815540.png

1155 min used 38% (62% showing on display). New 90% utility cycle with insulation bag is 45.6 hours, up 14.5 hours on the uninsulated figure. Same setpoint, and same amount of kombucha and beer in the fridge.

Pretty good improvement for free+time.

While battery is powering the fridge, it took five hours to recharge to 100% using car power.

I had a question on PM re: the duct tape and bubble wrap custom fridge jacket.

Here's some pics. I had since decided to reinforce the lid with a piece of cardboard. In one pic you can see the cardboard forming process (wet it and tape it in the shape you want, the power of paper does the rest.)

Basically this is not fancy, not durable, not pretty. It does extend my fridge run time 50%, and it was free.

I found reading a thread on making a custom jacket (out of cloth and wrap) informative on how to get started.

Tools used: metalized bubble wrap, duct tape, scissors, marker

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

Spent 25 minutes on the reef single install. Worked on the anchor. Using the inside of the two seat latch bolt, the outside edge of 3" aluminum bar is 3 7/8" from the inside edge of the bottom frame (center 5 3/8). I drilled the holes in the center of the bar stock. Need longer 10mm bolts to attach. Decided to run the drawer about 1/2 way over the plastic trim at edge of hatch.

Got the Reef drawer built. Had to sand the dado and drawer bottom to get them to fit. Tolerances very tight. I dabble in wood working so nice to have a project that doesn’t require much thought And fiddling. Glad to have a good assembly area though. Definitely recommend a sanding block and some 220 grit.
ordered some 65mm m10-1.25 bolts for the anchor plate.

We took the guzzler up to a nearby island to look at cabins. Maiden voyage for the 5 gallon potty, the pop up courtesy tent, the griddle, The stove stand, the 5 lb propane, my Custom Quick disconnect hoses and fittings, and the little single burner stove I adapted to run on low pressure instead of 1 lb green bottles. All went well. Courtesy tent a big hit. Used it for changing at beach too.

We took the guzzler up to a nearby island to look at cabins. Maiden voyage for the 5 gallon potty, the pop up courtesy tent, the griddle, The stove stand, the 5 lb propane, my Custom Quick disconnect hoses and fittings, and the little single burner stove I adapted to run on low pressure instead of 1 lb green bottles. All went well. Courtesy tent a big hit. Used it for changing at beach too.

There’s been many times I’ve wished mudders had their own live stream like what I’m trying to setup... because I’d love to watch an episode of Cabin Hunters with The Grinch and his fam! I’m sure there were a lot of nice scenery along the way as well.

Having a live feed of you guys on the trails would be great too.

Maybe one day!

i don’t have much in photos sadly, I’m more of A memories guy. I will say that my wife has a very limited diet, and the ability to take her food, keep it cold in the fridge, and cook it custom on the griddle was pretty great. Kids got tortillas with griddle beans and onions. All went over nicely.

472E49C1-C7EA-4B05-A424-E96EB24D6284.jpeg

90A9E07B-EEB1-471B-BD33-4622F2F3E53A.jpeg

i don’t have much in photos sadly, I’m more of A memories guy. I will say that my wife has a very limited diet, and the ability to take her food, keep it cold in the fridge, and cook it custom on the griddle was pretty great. Kids got tortillas with griddle beans and onions. All went over nicely.

View attachment 2362794

View attachment 2362795

Beautiful pictures, and I’m glad everyone had a good time! So you’re saying that i have a better chance at talking your kids into becoming streamers, if I wanted a closer look at the guzzler and Master Chef in action??

Consider it done. Bring them to me at LCDC, and give me 15 minutes with the mini Grinches.

And I’m a memories guy as well, but I have enough good ones to share and still keep a lot for myself! People could use a little something to lift their moods nowadays, and for me nothing beats seeing people doing what they love.

Reef 1 finished. There's no back?

I grew up in a cabinet shop, and I must say, that's a very odd way to make a box. If they're using the T-bar for support, they could have just upped to 3/4" plywood and it would have been just as strong (maybe stronger). Defiantly cheaper.... No slides? Just friction pad on the bottom?

Yeah it's an interesting design. Clearly meant for ease of assembly as the primary focus. No glue to be seen. Seems plenty sturdy. I will djinn up a back along with the wings.

I wanted to save time on bespoke drawers. And aussie metal based options all Sooo heavy. So mission accomplished!

There is no back.
Not for long! I don't want something getting wedged in back there. I have a 1/4-20 tap somewhere. I think path of least resistance is to just tap the center hole on the back extrusions and screw on a piece of ply. Will do that when I fit the wings in. Denied on install today as my m10 bolts got delayed. Just as well, I'm waiting on the tie downs, it'll save one install and uninstall of the 50 coming.

@grinchy, I found the aluminum hole in the center of those extrusions to be soft enough that you can thread a screw directly into the center hole without tapping.

I found that out by trying to build my first box without reading instructions and bolted the measurement tool/spacer to the back of the box. I figured it would add rigidity. :). ooops. maybe reading the instructions is a good idea. I also got to take them apart again to set them up as double (tops and bottoms are 90 degrees to the drawers in the dual config).

I kind of like the back being open: it hasn't created any issues for me, plus it keeps it lighter (I can still remove my double boxes by myself).

I grew up in a cabinet shop, and I must say, that's a very odd way to make a box. If they're using the T-bar for support, they could have just upped to 3/4" plywood and it would have been just as strong (maybe stronger). Defiantly cheaper.... No slides? Just friction pad on the bottom?
Cruiser Dave could probably explain better, but he was working with some pretty specific design parameters around ease of assembly, minimal tools, flat packing, ability to customize, controlling cost to end user, etc. Someone with skills and tools could definitely build the same dimension carcase with woodworking joinery and no extrusions:. In which case, that person probably wouldn't buy this kit, they'd likely just build their own. I've built a lot of stuff, but am not a skilled cabinet maker, so I preferred the ease of assembly of the Reef setup. I think the price is very fair for what you get, I was good with paying Dave for his innovation, design effort, labor and high quality materials. I imagine if you had woodworking tools and skills, you could build it a lot cheaper. Sorry to pollute your thread, grinchy.

Found the tap, and a couple heater tees I'd misplaced, and my license plate lights too. Tapping in aluminum is easy.

BCD7EC16-11B3-496A-9524-B8EA805AFEEC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom