Builds The great Stoffel (HJ61 build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After months of waiting Stoffel is finally here!! 1989 HJ61 with 166km (about 103k miles) and factory cable lockers. This was purchased from Steve at Land Cruisers Direct. He was great to work with, especially the second time around.:cool: Anywho, this is just the beginning for the wife and I. We plan on building this rig up to expedition quality and traveling with it for many, many years. I'm sooooooooo freaking excited!!!!!

IMGP2709-XL.jpg

Congratulations on a great looking rig. Good luck!

Ooooo... Factory lockers... a thing of beauty and wonder. So cool. Congratulations.

...and those mountains look familiar ;)

NICE! Don't let all that torque get away from you :)

Thanks guys/gals!! The list of upgrades is long, but will take some time to complete (if ever! Lol). First will be new tires, I get them Monday. I'm sizing down a bit from 33x12.50xR15 to 33X10.50xR15. I figure the narrower tire will help with the mileage and maybe a little with the power. After that I am in dire need of replacing the radio. It has a super fancy Clarion headunit that has MP3, a TV tuner, a built in HDD, Nav, and it's all in Japanese!!! I have no idea what the nice lady is trying to tell me, but so far I think she is trying to tell me how to get back home to Japan! Lol

Seriously though, the wiring could use some help. As I understand it most of the JDM imports have some wiring issues because of the 24 volt system. After playing with the wife's BJ71 I have some idea of what to expect so this shouldn't be too bad. After those two issues are taken care of it's on to the "want" list that is longer than the Grand Canyon!! ;)

I remember seeing that on the LandCruisers Direct site an drooling over it. Glad to see it made its way to 'Mud!

Or like maybe a mailman lives there haha!

Couldn't help myself. I'm just jealous. Looks great. Congratulations man.

Congrats! garage looks like its supposed too with two cruiser! have fun with them.

So today I decided to begin removing the Japanese radio and old converter. I almost got more than I bargained for on this one!

IMGP2722-XL.jpg

The idea is to remove the existing stuff and install all of this. New converter to a fuse box, then install the new headunit with bluetooth and sirius/xm satellite radio.

During the removal of the existing head unit I found a little bit more wiring than I was expecting.
IMGP2723-XL.jpg

Surprise rats nest!! This kids is why you should always check the previous owners wiring.

IMGP2726-XL.jpg

This is the mile of wire I removed from the vehicle today. What the hell was the last guy running in here??!!

So, today I did not get nearly as much done as I thought I would because of the surprises. I did get all of the previous wiring removed and the new converter bolted to the passenger seat. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish this install!!

So today I decided to begin removing the Japanese radio and old converter. I almost got more than I bargained for on this one!

IMGP2722-XL.jpg

The idea is to remove the existing stuff and install all of this. New converter to a fuse box, then install the new headunit with bluetooth and sirius/xm satellite radio.

During the removal of the existing head unit I found a little bit more wiring than I was expecting.
IMGP2723-XL.jpg

Surprise rats nest!! This kids is why you should always check the previous owners wiring.

IMGP2726-XL.jpg

This is the mile of wire I removed from the vehicle today. What the hell was the last guy running in here??!!

So, today I did not get nearly as much done as I thought I would because of the surprises. I did get all of the previous wiring removed and the new converter bolted to the passenger seat. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish this install!!
U should see my thread and the amount of wire I took out of my HJ60, same as u or worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom