The Fun Wagon has arrived! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been chasing one of these down for a while and finally took delivery of a 1990 FJ62 yesterday. It joins its younger brother, a 2018 LC200 ("Sarge"), and its "cousin", a 1983 CJ7 ("CJ"), and my girls have aptly named it the Fun Wagon. I was lucky to find one with zero rust, a great maintenance history, fairly low miles (209k), and a really well kept interior. The kids were shocked to see ashtrays in the rear door panels!

This forum has already proven to be a great resource in helping me narrow down exactly what I needed to be on the lookout for, as well as helping me chase down a CEL code 71 today (the truck clearly wants me to jump right on on DIY auto repair/maintenance)...it likes to wait until I've gone about 5 miles, pop on, and then disappear on restart until I've gone another 5 miles. Got the ol' FSM out and going to start the troubleshooting in the morning.
IMG_9431.jpg
IMG_9435.jpg
IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

Cool truck! Now you can get rid of both of those other scrap heeps and daily the 62! Wise man!

Jeeps are cool. I was also surprised to see ashtrays in the back of my cruiser as well, shows how times have changed.

Nah...that's a sweet older CJ in beautiful condition, I'd rock it.

Congrats on the new wagon!...at first glance I thought maybe @EscapeWagon62 had lost his mind and sold his museum piece in a moment of weakness.
Not a chance! Too much blood sweat and tears to ever let my rig go.

I've been chasing one of these down for a while and finally took delivery of a 1990 FJ62 yesterday. It joins its younger brother, a 2018 LC200 ("Sarge"), and its "cousin", a 1983 CJ7 ("CJ"), and my girls have aptly named it the Fun Wagon. I was lucky to find one with zero rust, a great maintenance history, fairly low miles (209k), and a really well kept interior. The kids were shocked to see ashtrays in the rear door panels!

This forum has already proven to be a great resource in helping me narrow down exactly what I needed to be on the lookout for, as well as helping me chase down a CEL code 71 today (the truck clearly wants me to jump right on on DIY auto repair/maintenance)...it likes to wait until I've gone about 5 miles, pop on, and then disappear on restart until I've gone another 5 miles. Got the ol' FSM out and going to start the troubleshooting in the morning.
View attachment 3085247View attachment 3085248View attachment 3085250

View attachment 3085252
That is absolutely pristine. Congrats on the rig and it’s in the best color!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom