The FSM Oxygen Sensor Test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is probably my problem.
20200902_203720.jpg

Are you still working on the error code 28? Are these O2 sensor wires in your photo?
Yes to both. I re-spliced the harness with waterproof connectors, resealed it up and the code is cleared.
20200902_214614.jpg

I'm pretty sure the shielding is just a ground, it metered out to battery negative at 0.3 Ohms.

Last edited:
I have a question. Did your CEL for E28 come on right after you turn on the engine or after driving a few minutes?

Which one? gray wires under blue insulation, are the shield for the signal wire.

One end of shield wire is connected to E2 on ECU. Another end, just like on photo

Shield should have "continue" to E2 ECU pin(with multimeter test)
The frayed wire under the blue had continuity to ground at 0.3 Ohms. I figured it was just shielding and left it for now. Trying to wrap this up before this weekend for a moose hunt.

I have a question. Did your CEL for E28 come on right after you turn on the engine or after driving a few minutes?
My code was immediate lately. When I first bought the Cruiser around Thanksgiving it had a code 26 and 71. The 71 for EGR has been... permanently solved... and then once I reset the battery after my drive up to Alaska, I haven't seen the code 26 again. It seems to have been replaced with the code 28 CEL.

Lately I have also been noticing a rougher idle that will smooth out about 1k RPM. At this point, once starting it up to make sure the CEL was cleared, the idle seemed perfect. I'm not sure if the rough idle will come back or not but I'm sure the corroded mess wasn't helping anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom