The Frenchies Part Un arriver pour Part Duex (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arnott1t

SILVER Star
Threads
Oui it is true, they're back.... well not yet but they are en route. After travelling north and central America for about 2 years they have returned to the great white north.... this time with 5th pinion still intact and at french warp 4 (90km/hr) :)

Ivan and Katia with "Sputnik", Le Original Frenchies are due to arrive tonight at our place to stay for a while, get a new clutch installed, and give a general once over of the troopy once more.

Trying to find their original thread but couldn't....

You must have gone to French emersion! I read that whole post in a French accent almost like I was really French, you are amazing French writer! ;)

They spent Sunday and Monday at my place, where we traded some windshield installation services for some landscaping services. It was nice to see them again, they are a delight!

So where are they headed now? South for the winter?

If you look on a map of the pacific ocean and situate it such that you place your finger in the furthest point away from all land masses at the same time...... that's where they are going. A place called Christmas Island but spelled much different. Plan is to to outfit the troopy with pontoons and a sailing mast..... I kid..... I think.

I know where that is, I have a map of that area. Cool.

That's cool! Have fun, let us know if we can help. French warp 4 sounds pretty fast.

If the plan is to sell the troopy to raise funds for a rowboat, put me in line. I'll buy the troopy and hightail it for the border before the feds figure out I spent my tax money on another Toyota.

Maybe I should just buy a boat!

You must have gone to French emersion! I read that whole post in a French accent almost like I was really French, you are amazing French writer! ;)
Its funny cause when I ready your responses they are always in a tone of "socks and sandals"

:)

Its funny cause when I ready your responses they are always in a tone of "socks and sandals"

:)

Ha ha, Now I know what to get you for a wedding gift next year ;)

image.jpg
image.jpg
Frenchies are at a "swivel kit rebuild"

I was wondering if you could lower the hoist a little so it's just a tad more uncomfortable?

Ivan's doing. Not that it would go much higher… had to air down to 1psi to sneak this tall thing through the 8' door….

Car is out of the shop!

work done:
- clutch replacement, (disc - pilot bearing- throughout bearing)
- Swivel Kit,
- Couple of seals in the transfer box,
- fixing some brackets under the car for the oil pan, instead of carrying it on the roof rack,
-oil change (Tcase, Transmission, Front & Rear diff)
- Replacing the Mexican air for some Canadian air in the tires...
And a good clean!

Thanks again for your Help arnott1t, ratpuke and Behemoth60!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom