The FJ40 that time forgot..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just loaded it onto Alex’s setup. Fit and functions very well. Will adjust the linkage once it’s in the truck. Trying to figure out if I keep the lock-out shield. Would require some modifying if that’s the case. If not I’m guessing this is as good as the “two-high” mod. My only concern is accidentally knocking it into neutral.
Nice work J & Georg.

View attachment 2825201

View attachment 2825203

View attachment 2825204

View attachment 2825205
Whoops. Wrong thread. Sorry about that

I haven't dug into the winch yet.....I don't think it was ever intended for a truck. I would bet the owner, 23 at the time, probably got it from somebody in his neighborhood....maybe from a boat trailer or utility trailer and bolted it on. The wiring to it is pretty entertaining.

I'll dig deeper into it and see what is going on. It does have a sticker on it and I seem to recall we were able to find some info online.

I have a few old 8274s floating around.....seems like one of those would be good for it but not sure I want to change anything. My goal is to not really do anything to this truck other than make it safe to drive.

Maybe he wanted one of these but couldn't afford one. Hickey Sidewinder. Cool.

View attachment 2825110
Great find. Congrats.

Snapped some pics of the winch this week......it's comical. I'd love to get rid of it but I can't. Need to leave this truck be. For a little while at least :)
20211101_174640.jpg
20211101_174649.jpg
20211101_174658.jpg
20211101_174706.jpg

Can these be considered 'Easter eggs'? They're cool. 2 little hand written "Toyota"s under the front bib. Cool. Even got the color close.

20211101_174723.jpg
20211101_174718.jpg

The Toyotas are cool....the wiring certainly is not. More of this mess in the engine compartment and I can guarantee under the dash. I know some of my first wiring jobs were probably on this level :)

20211101_174730.jpg

I moved the old green girl around in the shop.....I can see it from my desk now :)

I find myself constantly messing around with this truck. Sitting in it. Cleaning it. Poking. Prodding. Can't keep my hands off of it. Totally in love with it.

20211111_160437.jpg

There were a couple of boxes of parts in the back of the truck.....nothing too amazing. When it first came in I could see it had been leaking brake fluid for a bit. Ordered up the usual replacement stuff so the Aisin boxes are my add ons. Trying to collect all the stuff I need before we start cranking on it.

There were 2 inspection lights....one was in the glove box. Bonus :)

I think the 2 Carello lights were probably mounted on the front part of the cage.....I see some light tab mounts up there. I'm sure they were as useful as the boat trailer winch on the front of the truck :)
20211008_154634.jpeg
20211008_154638.jpeg
20211008_154640.jpeg
20211008_154642.jpeg

Door plate

20211022_095915.jpeg

Pic of the interior....

20211102_113810.jpeg

nice Ginger artwork on the wall. I've got a 45 hanging in my house

Great score!

I saw this one on the market and it caught my eye.

I guess I had too much going on at the time and didn’t pursue it, but I remembered thinking how cool it was and the possibility of fitting one of my 70’s era Street and trail bikes on a bumper carrier for a relic camping weekend!

I am glad to see it ended up in good hands that appreciates the nostalgia! Enjoy!

EE80474A-CA3C-4778-98C1-655306FAA02C.jpeg
CEA4B0CF-590A-450C-A415-ECC59FD56D3C.jpeg

nice Ginger artwork on the wall. I've got a 45 hanging in my house
Ginger! I love that painting. One of my favorite things in my office I think. That's my 71....still have the truck!

Great score!

I saw this one on the market and it caught my eye.

I guess I had too much going on at the time and didn’t pursue it, but I remembered thinking how cool it was and the possibility of fitting one of my 70’s era Street and trail bikes on a bumper carrier for a relic camping weekend!

I am glad to see it ended up in good hands that appreciates the nostalgia! Enjoy!

View attachment 2841190View attachment 2841191
Cool bikes! I'm trying to not fall down the vintage bike hole.....but I keep looking at these:

img9714-1578003771977@2x.jpg

the 2 wheel drive motor bike, I haven't seen one of them in 20 years now
Rokon Trailbreaker. So cool. I think the fuel/liquid storage in front wheel is my favorite part. Wonder how these things rode?

I have never riden one personally, but I have heard they are not fun or easy to ride.

Rokon Trailbreaker. So cool. I think the fuel/liquid storage in front wheel is my favorite part. Wonder how these things rode?
Considering the only suspension is the squish in the tires and those little springs under that seat, probably worse than a horse.

Cool bikes! I'm trying to not fall down the vintage bike hole.....but I keep looking at these:

View attachment 2841322

View attachment 2841322

Thank you!

I love the Rokons, kinda the 40 series of trail bikes!

Most recently my vintage bike interest has been the vintage trail stuff and they can be addictive, they cost less and take up less room, making moderation more challenging!

When you decide to move on from the 40, I will load a trailer and head South, you can jump directly into the Vintage bike rabbit hole! 😂

Thank you!

I love the Rokons, kinda the 40 series of trail bikes!

Most recently my vintage bike interest has been the vintage trail stuff and they can be addictive, they cost less and take up less room, making moderation more challenging!

When you decide to move on from the 40, I will load a trailer and head South, you can jump directly into the Vintage bike rabbit hole! 😂
Lol.....not ready for that hole yet :)

I've been building/buying a lot of restoration equipment for the shop.....vapor blast cabinet, ultrasonic cleaner and a cool copy cad plating system. Most of the vapor blast videos all seem to be doing old bike parts. It seems very attractive...small parts...simple....no rust :)

I'll stick with the fancy Italian bikes for now :) Maybe once they go away I'll replace them with a few different toys. And definitely one of these....
maxresdefault.jpg

the 2 wheel drive motor bike, I haven't seen one of them in 20 years now
I just saw one last year up in Lake City, CO. Neat concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom