The Fishing Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would start a thread for those that fish to post up pics and talk about fishing. Fishing is probably the one thing that I have consistently done for years and never burnt myself out on. Freshwater, saltwater, rivers or ponds it doesn't matter I would call it my one true passion. So let's see some pics, old or new it doesn't matter. Here's one from a couple of weeks ago from a river in Virginia I've been wade fishing a lot lately. 18" Brown Trout

image.jpeg

My little brother has a bass boat that we'll put out shortly on Lake Wylie. I'll go out with him a couple times a month.

My wife and I signed up for a Orvis fly fishing course with Davidson River outfitters in May. Looking forward to learning that.

Sold my boat last year and haven't been since. Would like to get another boat and get back out there.

Friend's been asking me to go trout fishing but schedules are tight.

Fishing is something I truly miss and wish I had more time to do. I would give anything right now to go back to Montana and do some fly fishing.

I troll for trout on Jocassee and Bass fish on Hartwell.

207900_1025056745685_6778_n.jpg

400704_10201385283933067_859214342_n.jpg
That's what I'm talking about! That's a pig rainbow! I've always wanted to troll for lake trout

Right now I'm having a '81 Sea Ox somewhat restored. It's at a boat shop getting some fiberglass work done. I'm wanted it specifically for trolling. Here's what she looked like when I picked up in December.

image.jpeg

I love surfcasting at the OBX. Sometimes I even put bait on the rig - afraid a hit may disturb the peace and beer, however.............

Last edited:
Here's a little boat I picked up a couple of years ago. The guy I bought it from used it all the time but I don't think I'll ever have the stones to put it in the water. It's a 1954 Penn Yan Car topper, wood and canvas

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Paddled around Lake Wylie today. Didn't think to get my phone ready for a pic of the first fish and Sarah was too late paddling to me so the 2lb largemouth doesn't count, I guess. I did get this pic since I had just had to dig out my phone only to see that it was @Roxx whose call I missed. I was skunked for 2 hours until I put on a Beetle Spin. Best damn lure ever.

Impressive, eh? :rolleyes:
IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

Last edited:
Paddled around Lake Wylie today. Didn't think to get my phone ready for a pic of the first fish and Sarah was too late paddling to me so the 2lb largemouth doesn't count, I guess. I did get this pic since I had just had to dig out my phone only to see that it was @Roxx whose call I missed. I was skunked for 2 hours until I put on a Beetle Spin. Best damn lure ever.

View attachment 1230928

View attachment 1230941

Man yeah! I love catching sunfish! I have had good days doing nothing but that.

View attachment 1230928

View attachment 1230941
I guess you were not able to grab lunch today. Just paying back the call from yesterday.

@fj40z That Penn Yan is beautiful. I'd use that boat myself, that's what it's made for. Looks to have been well maintained, just keep it up and enjoy it. Brings back memories of my Aunt's house. Very cool!

Right now I'm having a '81 Sea Ox somewhat restored. It's at a boat shop getting some fiberglass work done. I'm wanted it specifically for trolling. Here's what she looked like when I picked up in December.

View attachment 1226147

Well if you ever need some pointers let me know if you fish Jocassee. I have that lake down to a science.

I've been using my Lowance lcx15-mt for the past 16 years. Has been a great graph. State of the art back in the day. Now not so much so I decided to upgrade last year to a raymarine dragonfly with side scan. Man a whole new world. I can now dodge those standing trees and keep the cannonballs out of them.

Did this mod two years ago. Got the lights from Amazon. Was about 30$ total. Siliconed them on. They lasted one season. Upgraded this year to a better RGB set and should give me a few more years. Only 45$ to do it. Makes night fishing in the ocean and lake awesome. Nice being able to choose a color.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well if you ever need some pointers let me know if you fish Jocassee. I have that lake down to a science.

I've been using my Lowance lcx15-mt for the past 16 years. Has been a great graph. State of the art back in the day. Now not so much so I decided to upgrade last year to a raymarine dragonfly with side scan. Man a whole new world. I can now dodge those standing trees and keep the cannonballs out of them.

I have been eyeing the side scan units, they look sweet. I would love some pointers! When I get the boat ready I would love to bring it down to Jocassee and pick your brain.

I went fishing with Steve once .....

He caught a record rainbow
image.jpeg

And all I caught was a lousy case of MRSA
image.jpeg

Thanks for the waders buddy. Lol

IMG_0021.JPG

That's all I've got...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom