The first and last 80 series built for the US market (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I take orbital sander or saw to my rig, I want to make sure this thing wasn't the last 80 series built.

Rig:

LX450
MFD Date: 12/97
VIN Sequence: 188450

Who has the earliest?

Before I take orbital sander or saw to my rig, I want to make sure this thing wasn't the last 80 series built.

Rig:

LX450
MFD Date: 12/97
VIN Sequence: 188450

Who has the earliest?

Per Toyota, 1/1998 was the last frame manufacture for the US market. That said, I've never seen one later than a 12/97 manufacture.

Thanks Onur. I wonder if that was 1/1/1998 in Japan. Hopefully someone has a later sequence number
than mine.

Why cut it up? Got pics?

Probably won't cut it up, but it does need paint. I'd hate to bedine and paint it only to find out later its a book end 80.

It's currently parked in the garage getting a steering and suspension refit. I'll probably take pics after.

IMHO the worse thing anyone can do to an 80 series is bedline the exterior,
drastically decreases the collector or resale value. FWIW.

I know. It's equal parts the worst thing and most sensible. Was considering doing the lower portion only.

Paint looks good on nice cars, but I do love the look of that flat kevlar infused paint. $$$$$$

somewhere it's been said that 188468 is the last US 97. Dunno.

it’s just nasty period the end

iirc mine is a 294’d 12/97

somewhere it's been said that 188468 is the last US 97. Dunno.
Thanks for that. I found the thread. It makes sense that a Collector's Edition was the last one built. If the Lexus and Toyota VIN sequencing is not exclusive from each other, mine was 18 away from the end.

Well after you start cutting sheet metal is paint really an issue?

Cutting was a generalization. I was planning on removing the trim and welding the holes.

This is what I did to my flare holes, cheap, easy and effective. Plastic automotive plugs of different sizes.
80 flare plugs.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom