The Few, the Proud, Those with Sub Tanks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As far as the filler next goes you might want to check with Mot if you are willing to pay for new. Although the subtank was not a JDM option he can get some of the parts. You'll need to part numbers, I have a dual filler neck and 2nd filler next piece which I bought from SOR. It appears to be brand new and still has the toyota inventory sticker on it. So let me know and I get the PN for you.

I did have one related general question, I am finishing my wiring harness and a little concerned about the gauge wire to use for the fuel pump. Haven't decided on which pump I'll be using but nothing fancy, either the OEM if I can get one or the NAPA one described in Kevin's write up. Roughly what do these fuel pump draw, I am thinking about using 14 or 16 guage.

As far as the filler next goes you might want to check with Mot if you are willing to pay for new. Although the subtank was not a JDM option he can get some of the parts. You'll need to part numbers, I have a dual filler neck and 2nd filler next piece which I bought from SOR. It appears to be brand new and still has the toyota inventory sticker on it. So let me know and I get the PN for you.

I did have one related general question, I am finishing my wiring harness and a little concerned about the gauge wire to use for the fuel pump. Haven't decided on which pump I'll be using but nothing fancy, either the OEM if I can get one or the NAPA one described in Kevin's write up. Roughly what do these fuel pump draw, I am thinking about using 14 or 16 guage.

The Napa one does not pull much.
Just go with the gauge wire that is hanging out of the pump.
That is what I did, no problems. Cannot remember what gauge 14 or 16 I think.

skillet can you post a pic of your dual filler neck, I want to see if its the same as mine

skillet can you post a pic of your dual filler neck, I want to see if its the same as mine

This is what mine looks like. This is Kevin's but mine is exactly the same, we both got them from the same place.

dualtank12.jpg

Installed:

IMG_0548.JPG

This is a comparison of the two models. You can make both of them work but if you can get your hands on the other one for early model 80's that is the way to go.

Note that it says "100 series" next to the one I have, apparently, it is actually just a later model 80 series neck.

dualtank3.jpg

Those are both 80 necks. The one on the left is a late model.

I have the one on the right...the old 80 version I guess. I don't have all the levers/rods that open it though. I just reach inside the fender and hold the lever to fill the aux tank. It was around another $100 for all those pieces...it really didn't seem worth the extra expense. The problem I have now is; with the 37's on I had to extend my rear bumpstop extensions to 4" to keep the tire from hitting the dual filler. It looks like I can move it back about 1" by bending the lower bracket, just havn't got around to it yet.

This is what mine looks like. This is Kevin's but mine is exactly the same, we both got them from the same place.

dualtank12.jpg

Lucky bastard. I still don't have one :crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom