The Fall of Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There are lots of men and women who let it all hang out and left a piece of themselves in country, literally or metaphorically. There are lots of men and women who had their young adulthood shaped and dedicated to this mission (as well as Iraq). It would be a lie to say we aren't all feeling something.

I have seen a lot of comparisons of Saigon to Kabul lately. I think the biggest difference between the two is that GWOT vets have not been forced underground or into silence nearly as much as Vietnam vets, so let's take this opportunity to talk about it openly.

I found that Jeff had some good things to say. I've been really angry for the better part of a week, but getting better.

I understand how you feel. I haven't logged into this site in ages and I seen the topic and just wanted to connect with those who maybe experiencing the same type of emotions and I just wanted to let you all know. If you need someone to talk to, Call me. Heck we can talk about anything.

I've been really angry for the better part of a week, but getting better.

I was pretty angry, then I as getting better as well. Thursday afternoon was pretty shocking, then Saturday morning I learned that one of the Marines that had been killed was a friend of mine from boot camp. To put it lightly, my mood took a turn for the worse again.

I was pretty angry, then I as getting better as well. Thursday afternoon was pretty shocking, then Saturday morning I learned that one of the Marines that had been killed was a friend of mine from boot camp. To put it lightly, my mood took a turn for the worse again.
Dude. I am sorry. There are no words.

The loss of Marines affects us all in different ways, but the personal connection makes it exponentially worse. I know what you are going through and it isn't easy, but just remember: whichever one of the Marines that you knew, they would want you to celebrate their lives, their service, their bravery, and their sacrifice. They will not be forgotten.
Hang in there... and if you need to chat hit me up.

S/F

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom