the fabled late-H42 spacer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can the spacer that is found on the late H42 (making it the same length as an H55) be separated and mated to an early H42? Or are the trannies themselves different too? Any hard and fast build date known for the break between the early and late H42s (11/84?)

Just an educated guess on my part but I think it would work. But you would also have to swap the output shaft (early shaft short, later shaft long to accommodate the spacer).

I doubt the effort would be worthwhile, just source a later H42 with the spacer.

Could be done as Godwin suggested with a shaft change.....

But then a later transfer-case would be needed to accommodate the later trans configuration......

Not what I was hoping, but pretty much what I was expecting. Thanks.

Slowly getting the ingredients together for a second 62, thinking 2FE and manual.

No special t-case assembly if that's what you are hoping.

Someone fairly local is going to be pulling the drivetrain out of an '84 FJ 60 to swap in a 13B-T. I'm trying to figure out if I could install that set-up (with 3FE head) and do the drive shafts off the bat to accommodate an H55F later. Haven't seen possible donor yet, but I'm assuming as an '84 it won't have the spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom