The Elusive Cygnus White (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to take my ‘75 FJ40 (build date (8/1975) top/roof/cap into boat repair shop for final prep and paint. Did anyone, or has anyone used the attached paint formulas? if so, were you satisfied with the results?

One is for the elusive Cygnus White T-012 and one for a Toyota White T-031. My initial preference is to go Cygnus and these mix formulas are for single stage urethane DuPont which I assume is still a good option. Want to do this right, the first time …don’t we all. Not too bright but not too beige. Plan to keep the body Dune Beige T-416 as original as possible.

Are there “better” or more recent paint mix formulas or codes available that I can provide this shop? A shoutout to @PabloCruise for providing these nearly 10 years ago if I’m reading this correctly! I’m also in NoCo so if these are good to go - or tried and true I’m Ready to roll. Any advice is much appreciate. Thanks Again

FJ40 Cygnus White T-012 Formula .jpeg

FJ40 Toyota White T-031 Paint Formula.jpeg

Hey, yeah west of Loveland in the hills. Have worked with Ed’s a few times on minor pewter/ silver refurbish paint - rear heater, console, etc. For the top I decided to take several Mudder’s advice and go to boat repair so working w/ Landlocked up in Ft. Collins. They‘ll let me do much of the sanding / prep with their guidance and then they’ll shoot final prime and top coat on the fiberglass roof. Did you go with those paint formulas and like the results? I’d appreciate any lesson’s learned especially on the Cygnus and if you have a local body / paint pro for future reference that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom