The Dutch stole all 5-speed diesels! (nsfw?) HJ60: sillyprep (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time for the annual road check (APK), where the test guy pokes with a screwdriver in the chassis :crybaby:
Judgement day!

I love egg baskets to keep everything clean and bolt out=same in, and here isthe black residue, cloth was new :confused: :hmm: :meh:

file.php

Last edited:
Rear diff oil after 5000 km, with boat trailer 4000 over the mountains so a lot of force.
file.php

Just got the road-test (APK) and it got trough in one go, with compliments for the work I did in the past 4 years and ready for years to come.
Because the HJ is now 30 years old the road-check is valid for 2 years, very happy. :steer: :beer:

file.php

And the snorkel installation hole saw chart, very low rpm for 92 mm:

file.php

Snorkel fitted at clean car ready for the garage road check.

file.php

This is where I started drilling:

A bit lower would be better so the snorkel fits over the fender line, but there is enough room for error :banana:
file.php

from fender end down:

file.php

Thanks dykuss, you pictures made me paint/tecktyl the underside of my hj also so it is winter proof!

I am about to buy this bumper and winch, I assume most parts if needed are available from warn vendors, reading about what can go wrong.

Very exired, might pick it up this week, it is freezing so ideal outside job :skull:

asked vendor for type and buildyear, looks pretty nice I think and rust free steel.

file.php

file.php

I have bought this and at the moment quite sad because this is not plug and play and unknown so collecting data:
EDIT: fount the serial, found the motor type, fixed solenoids, licked&cleaned&polished :wrench:

Warn M12000 (serial 46980 KM1= 2nd generation) and the motor is replaced with 24 Volt series 9 mrv-c-3 M39333 D Bosch 491
Warn_Thermometric Cut Out Switch WAR78354 thermal
In my motor I found a thermostat clixon # 63TM0110045 (no google...)
The switch should normally open when the temperature at the motor brushes reaches 400+°F. (204 degrees Celsius!)

This motor has two small white wires and those are for the thermal switch (if that thermal switch fails only winch out and not in: bypass it)

Did not tell the :princess: and after the snorkel and rear locker this just might be a lot of :slap:
A friend offered a small room to stay :hillbilly: Again my son considered this a must have :p

It has a new motor, so hope they did it right.

I would like to know type (m12000?)
Reading a lot, many have done this, but not sure about wires.
Solenoid sometimes fails said the seller, looking for proper test method.

Parts in europe not on ebay, searching.

WARN MIL 12000 repair service maintenance PDF:
WARN_30_page_service_manual_repair_of_mil_9000-12000.pdf

WARN basic guide to winching 15 pages:
WARN_basic_guide_to_winching.pdf

WARN operation check, 6 pages:
WARN_6_page_winch_manual.pdf

file.php

Last edited:
No serial to be found, it is a Warn,

file.php

Found some pictures, the three not connected posts are normal, figuring out what to do:

file.php

file.php

If you do this only an idiot will buy it lol :slap:

file.php

Last edited:
file.php

EDIT: later added:

file.php

Last edited:
You can test the solenoid to see if they are operational.

Except use Ohms, not continuity on the meter like this guy did. The small gauge wires go to the coil. Measuring with a multi-meter should give the same resistance value (+/- 10% ohms) on all 4 solenoids (assuming they are the same). If not the same resistance on all 4 coils, replace the faulty one(s).

Now wire up the solenoids (manually one at a time) to a good battery. Measure resistance across the large terminals. Resistance should be 0.2 Ohms MAXIMUM! This should be a dead short when the coil is energized. If resistance is 1 or more ohms, either replace the faulty unit or open it up and fine emery paper the contacts until they shine again (if they are in reasonable condition)

That wiring connector doesn't look very stock. Also emery all those copper bus bars to ensure good conections.
Check (EDIT: I see you already found some drawings)
WINCHES: Rebuilding, Parts Information, Diagrams, Testing Sites
and
Warn winch Wiring diagrams

There are a couple wiring diagrams on there that should help clarify

Thank a lot, took it apart and it looks greased and that is a surprise, now first need to mount the midlifecrisis bumper.

The other motor side hopefully is also free of rust and water, time to really start looking at all the iformation, type still unknown.

The allen bolt got loose easy, but first had to find the right key, American size? :wrench:

I did not make this, could have but it is from my son: bolts have to be cleaned, gasket is oke,

file.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom