Builds The dusty bus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today lacked the immediate gratification like removing fenders and bumpers but it was still very productive. Got both sides of the firewall stripped all the interior and All of the brake lines and wire harness out of the engine bay.
17A5161F-DBA1-4986-9514-5443737EAB6E.jpeg
447E04B8-BD5C-41B1-BD42-6C4BA6C6D5D4.jpeg
6AC86196-9A0D-4756-920A-6ED67C49249A.jpeg
21BB2625-7BD4-4C66-9FFC-2FE16D0F8B1A.jpeg
DA5307CB-95D9-452F-B418-52E87F304CED.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply, but I had forgotten that I started a build thread in the 40 section. I am updating that one with pix. more often.

Tech question however, it is completely stripped and I will be starting the axel builds soon. She is equipped with drums on all 4, is a disc conversion the same process on these axles the same as the 40 ( mini truck swap)?

Have not decided which way to go yet, I have no problem with keeping the drums .... just thinking...
Thanks!

FWIW, I have a bj45 Troopy with drums and it stops on a dime. I kept thinking I should do disc brakes, but every time I hit the brakes, I think what do I need disc brakes for! They are the bigger 3 inch wide shoes and if kept in good order work just fine. I have never even adjusted them in 4 years. To answer your question, discs will swap like any other late model drum front axle.

Sorry for the late reply, but I had forgotten that I started a build thread in the 40 section. I am updating that one with pix. more often.

Tech question however, it is completely stripped and I will be starting the axel builds soon. She is equipped with drums on all 4, is a disc conversion the same process on these axles the same as the 40 ( mini truck swap)?

Have not decided which way to go yet, I have no problem with keeping the drums .... just thinking...
Thanks!
I second what whitey45 says on the 3 inch shoes. My pick up will lock them all up, no problem at all. If a person was in the deep mud very much then discs would be easier to maintain but my rig is pretty much a pavement princess so not an issue.

Copy that - I think I will stick with the drums all around,
Thanks!

Thanks for the label reference. I have a more updated build thread in the 40 section
‘82 FJ45 build thread..... no name yet

My shop is 30X40 with 12' walls at the eves, so I have room for a auto lift....mayvbe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom