The Distruction of my HJ47 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The HJ47 Starts to go back together... looking like a school bus..

Tuesday started out like any other day, my car drove, the sun shined and my tools where lonely...

FJ47_BeforeRebuild.jpg

A few days later and about 10 Aussie spiders lately, 3 wasp nests, 1 lizard, and a million dust particles... This is what remains of my new toy I spent 4 months buying and shipping over from Oz ....

Enjoy I will Update pics weekly with the progress...

So many pieces... Will I ever be able to remember where they go?????

81TroopyNaked1.jpg

81TroopyNaked2.jpg

81TroopyNaked4.jpg

2HToyota1.jpg

Windscreen.jpg

roof.jpg

81TroopyNaked3.jpg

2HToyota2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice one there.

Glad it's found a good home even if it is the other side of the world.

enjoy!

:beer:

Looks like a nice one there.

Glad it's found a good home even if it is the other side of the world.

enjoy!

:beer:

Thanks... Funny thing is I always wanted one when I was a kid growing up in Melbourne... I can not belive how easy they are to strip down, today I am going to see if I can separate the chassis

Last week was a rust week... Could not believe how much rust there was...

Well it has all been cut out with the exception of the front window...
IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

81TroopyNaked6.jpg

All the body pieces and tub should be primed by Wednesday.. If work does not get in the way..

Next weekend I expect to be putting some Pumpkin paint on the car...

That's the Aussie 'rust repair' I have come to know and love.

When they say 'all rust has been cut out and repaired', it has been my experience that this is what they mean.:bang:

Have fun, can't wait to see the end result.:cheers:

Cheers,

Josh

A little bit of welding every night this week and no more holes.. mig died so I have to do it old school with an Oxy....

A Little more grinding and some rust treatment still to go...

WeldingHJ471.jpg

WeldingHJ472.jpg

Taking a few hours tomorrow night to etch prime and then use some high build..

Upper window sections and all the doors are looking good...

PrimingHJ47Windows2.jpg

PrimingHJ47Windows1.jpg

Well its going on 1 AM Saturday morning and I have paint on the car.. well one coat on the inner tub, engine bay, inner doors etc... I also managed to hit the front guards oops I mean fenders for you US guys..

July 4 is coming up fast the HJ47 is still a long way off but the goal is to be cruising down the beach for a surf with the family on the 4th... .... Lets see how it goes the last 4 weeks have been crazy.. only 3 to go...

I am thinking the Pumpkin Orange may be a bit bright...

TroopiePaintTest8.jpg

Really bright or my eyes are having trouble adjusting..

IMAG0281.jpg

Paint is coming along great.. Fathers Day this weekend means a few days with all my new parts from Cruiser corps..

TroopiePaint8.jpg

TroopiePaint7.jpg

TroopiePaint4.jpg

Check out my Rattle Trap.. Not Dynamat but works just as well IMO

RattleTrapFloor2.jpg

Well After following gswest's (LINK) Rebuild I was feeling bad....

So pulled the engine ground the chassis to pieces sand blasted all the extra bits and started putting everything back together..

The Pumpkin with wheels is starting to come together..

HJ47Assemble15.jpg

AdamsToyota.jpg

Bought a 140 stainless bolts today... give a nice contrast.. Painted the Brakes with 1200 Degree hi temp paint just cause I could..

HJ47Assemble21.jpg

Now running through the engine.. Guess my weekend is gone..

looks like the left front shock is upsidedown.
looking good

Nice looking Troopy. I'd love to own one some day.

I'd have converted to left hand drive if I was going that far. I'm ok with right hand drive, but I'd only want to do it once.

never even thought about changing it to left hand drive... now that you mention it it would have been pretty easy but I guess next time...

Engine1.jpg

Good job mate. It's always great to see someone have enough dedication to ship one of these old trucks overseas and invest some time and money into it to refurbish it. :clap:That's a far better life for it than sitting around here rusting out. Damn, your 2H looks sensational too!:cool:
Keep the updates coming...

Hey man, nice cruiser i saw you on the freeway heading down to Tijuana, and also see the other one(light green yellowish) HJ47 all the time. I live in Imperial Beach so im right there on the border. What are you planning to do in the 4th of July so i can check out your cruiser?

Looks great

I'm impressed with how far you've come with your project. I'm still in the early stage, with the truck at the body shop on a rotiserie. The motor will go back in next week. I haven't determined how I want to paint the transmission and transfer case. Is your's on the road?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom