The diesel 'dose' (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star
Threads
I got it again :mad:

I'm going to have to start wearing a condom at the pump. The place I got the last treatment from is gone now. Anybody have a good suggestion for anti algae in Calgary?

I'll drop the tank this week and have it cleaned but I'd like to try to run the gunk through without rebuilding the injector pump. The good news is that it was running good when I first started it two weeks ago. (it had sat for a year) so all the growth happened in the tank.

Crossing my fingers.

Umm, where are you getting your diesel from? Just so I don't.. you know.. catch something similar..

My rule for gas stations is the same as it is for bars: I don't take anything home from there if the place looks and smells like 1982.

Good luck with your treatment.

How do you know the store is gone? If I had a phone book I could likely locate it for you ;)

I've only heard of a couple of cases in Land Cruisers in Canada and I had them both! Turns out that both rigs were immersed in swamp water right before they were parked by thier POs for an extended time. I don't think algea is prone to grow in fuel up here like it can in some warmer, wetter areas but if you set up the conditions it will. I'll know to expect it next time I buy a rig that has sat for a while.

lowenbrau said:
I've only heard of a couple of cases in Land Cruisers in Canada and I had them both! Turns out that both rigs were immersed in swamp water right before they were parked by thier POs for an extended time. I don't think algea is prone to grow in fuel up here like it can in some warmer, wetter areas but if you set up the conditions it will. I'll know to expect it next time I buy a rig that has sat for a while.
run hard put away wet... not a good thing.
i'll remember not to do that again...
cheers

Bruce, they make some anti biological additve for jet fuel. It will work for you. Its called Prist. Go to aviall or one of the suppliers on the airport. It comes in an aerosol. Needs to be put in at the same time as filling.

Use it sparingly. It kills and dissolves growth. called "prist". Good stuff.
p/n PHF205 8 once Lo flow aerosol.
treats 42-60 gallons. designed for fueling rates of 15-20 gallons a minute.

so you would use a tiny amount.

oh I've seen a lot of growth in aircraft fuel cells. nasty crapolla.

get on it. I also found it only breeds in warm climates. must have been fuel from the south??????

brownbear said:
Use it sparingly. It kills and dissolves growth. called "prist". Good stuff.
p/n PHF205 8 once Lo flow aerosol.
treats 42-60 gallons. designed for fueling rates of 15-20 gallons a minute.

so you would use a tiny amount.

Here is some information on prist. Interesting read.
http://www.csdinc.org/prist/faq2.html#Q2

bb...have you ever heard of biobor (1st link in post #3)?. It also says it is also used in the aircraft industry.

hth's

gb

Last edited:
Here is another product from FPPF. I have never used their products, but they are highy talked from what I gather, over at TheDieselStop.

http://www.fppf.com/prdKillem01.html

hth's

gb

Hey lowenbrau, what do you actually mean with the phrase 'diesel dose' ?

I suppose it's cute, but conveys no useful information. How will a real or figurative 'condom' help solve your problem?

Is this something growing in the tank of your vehicle or something in the fuel from a pump. Are you referring to petro diesel or mixes with other fuels?

M John Galt said:
Hey lowenbrau, what do you actually mean with the phrase 'diesel dose' ?

I suppose it's cute, but conveys no useful information. How will a real or figurative 'condom' help solve your problem?

Is this something growing in the tank of your vehicle or something in the fuel from a pump. Are you referring to petro diesel or mixes with other fuels?

Glad you think its cute. Diesel dose refers to "fungus and other microtive life in hydrocarbon fuels" but probably can be encountered in bio as well.

I didn't start this thread to educate people but to get some information from the informed. Thankfully, Greg and Darryl we able to help. Charla and I wrote an artical for Trails the last go around that never went to press and we'll likely write a second chapter for the edification of the masses.

Unfortunately there is no real or figurative condom. Spermicide maybe.

how about some fungi eater then a quick fill to the brim and a purge of the injectors and lines and a good long run to make sure the crap is out of the system...
i can not fathom your patience... what about 44K? does that stuff work on fungi?

The trouble with the stuff is that it forms a nasty ring around the tank like the high water mark in a mechanics shop toilet. You can flush and you might even disinfect but you really need a brush to get rid of that stuff or it will keep cloggin filters forever. With Ratpuke's, BJ42 we swapped the tank, ran the anti algea through the pump and still wound up swapping filters weekly for months. I alway cut them open to see what they look like and for a long time they were black like they were made of tar paper.

I've got some of the borox stuff on the way. Only $20 for a 20 tanks worth but the shipping form Vancouver is killer because its dangerous goods.

my wife works for Canada Post and you should hear of the stuff they send through the mail... unmarked and very lethal

lowenbrau said:
The trouble with the stuff is that it forms a nasty ring around the tank like the high water mark in a mechanics shop toilet. You can flush and you might even disinfect but you really need a brush to get rid of that stuff or it will keep cloggin filters forever. With Ratpuke's, BJ42 we swapped the tank, ran the anti algea through the pump and still wound up swapping filters weekly for months. I alway cut them open to see what they look like and for a long time they were black like they were made of tar paper.

I've got some of the borox stuff on the way. Only $20 for a 20 tanks worth but the shipping form Vancouver is killer because its dangerous goods.

Not sure what a can of prist goes for...I guess 20 bucks and its in stock at the airport for sure. I would not hesitate to use it on my vehicle.

My filters can be black on the plane in the summer, soon as I start using additive the fliters are spottless.

Sucks shipping dangerous goods. Especially to Calgary( huge city, everything should be in stock). I can understand ordering to Smithers......not the booming cowtown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom