The Daily Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone want to take a shot in the dark on troubleshooting a sound in my 80? Just for fun?

It's been happening forever, sounds like the rear of the truck floor is lifting and banging over bumps. However, I made sure that the rear body mounts were solid and tight already. Are there other mounts back there to check? What else could it be? Shocks are attached to where they are supposed to be, it's not something in the back as it does it even when empty. Happens over any decent sized bump or pothole.

Shot in the dark anyone? It's been doing it right along but I'd love to fix it.
Check the compartments in the rear panels. Maybe something is bouncing around in there.

Just finished my first round of audits with one of my new customers. The bar is consistently losing $2300 per week in inventory and lost sales. The father doesn't think there's a problem and the son thinks everyone in there is ripping them off. Gonna be an interesting meeting next week when I finally show them the numbers. They have friends who own 3 other bars and those guys are watching what happens to see if they'll sign on.

Decided I'm going to get a 40 with a Chevy 350 some time after I move to the South Shore. Most likely in the Fall. Easy and cheap to fix and will be usable for short drives to my accounts. Right now I will stay cruiserless unfortunately

Last edited:
Oh well, at least it's in the future plans. Where on the South Shore are you looking?

Looking at Duxbury, Scituate, Marshfield and Norwell

Dropped off the mail at the Mariott this morning, ran into Edgar Winters.
Long live Rock and Roll!

Check the compartments in the rear panels. Maybe something is bouncing around in there.

loose jack inside the storage area?

Sweet truck but 22k for a truck built in 1989 or 90? I don't get why it's so expensive.

I don't need them before spring so I'm hoping to find good-used, either here or somewhere else.

Looks like CruiserParts has "Used, good shape. $150" and I can pick them up so no shipping.... probably my best bet unless something better comes along before spring.

Last edited:
Sweet truck but 22k for a truck built in 1989 or 90? I don't get why it's so expensive.

Impossible to get and basically illegal here in the US to own as they are younger than 25 years. there were 3-4 of them brought back by the US govt from the middle east so those few are titled and legal to drive. They were on a govt auction and someone bought them for cheap and made big cash. It's rarity basically.

Looking at Duxbury, Scituate, Marshfield and Norwell

Cool! I'm in Norwell. We need more Cruiserheads around here.

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll keep my eyes open - big garage / barn? I'm no realtor, but I like to keep an eye on what's available (not that I can afford to move these days, but it's fun to dream).

Cool! I'm in Norwell. We need more Cruiserheads around here.

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll keep my eyes open - big garage / barn? I'm no realtor, but I like to keep an eye on what's available (not that I can afford to move these days, but it's fun to dream).

there are a few nice ones right now in Norwell. We're looking exclusively at antiques (built before 1900) The older the better

Make sure you buy one with a urinal or take the one from your old house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom