Builds The Cummins-Powered 80 Series - Diesel Land-Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So found something interesting...evidently Yukon Gear and axle has rolled out 3.70 gears from the rear axle of FZJ80s. I e-mailed them about when they'll be rolling out the 3.70 for the front, and also asked about 3.55 gears. They also now have front and rear zip lockers available. The R&P sets are coming in at $250-300 bucks....way lower than some of those other companies out there. Do you think 3.70 would be good for 315's? Or are 3.55's best for comfortable highway cruising. I really am not super hot on running 37's for this project.

Intresting! So are they making a HP 8" gear in 3.70?

If you are maxing out at 315's I would go with the 3.55's higher gearing the better.

And the Saga continues, stay tuned for the next episode of " Why I haven't swapped a cummins yet" Staring DieselAdapters.

Jeremy and I have discussed this before, I have been considering abandoning my 4bd2t swap and going 6bt, but Almeda is notoriously slow and his customer service unimpressive. Hell, I live down the freeway from him and I still couldn't get results for a couple of my buddies here on mud. Makes me not want to buy his stuff.

Well, it's official. This project is officially dead. Not sure if it's appropriate to delete this thread or not, but maybe I should just let it serve as another warning. Do not be tempted by the evil Diesel Adapters. It will not end well. Paypal saved the day, fortunately, so I'm not royally screwed. Still have no heard from anyone at diesel adapters, and I do not expect to. Oh well.

Thanks for all the info, help, and support. Ih8mud is such an awesome community and I'm so glad everyone took the time to drop by here, comment, post, and e-mail me.

That said, here's a suggestion to anyone wanting a 6bt: get a 4L80, bolt it up to the Cummins with an adapter plate and flex plate kit, get a trans controller and an adapter for the HF2av case. Then make the 6BT accessories work. That was my plan, and it seems feasible, but I'm just over it.

That said, my Cummins engine IS currently for sale if you need a really solid 6bt out of a 1996 Ram 3500. Drop me a line if you need one.

With all that said, be on the look out for a V8 swap thread!

Because, you know, why would I want to just save my money? That'd be ridiculous.

Well that sucks. Glad you only waisted time and the money could be salvaged.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Who do we need to talk to in regards to having DA/Duiser banned from Mud?

Fair question! I have no idea. Seriously, this guy has stolen enough people's money. He's bad news for sure.

Post a thread in buyers beware also. I did.

Is the Cummins diesel that much better than the Toyota diesels that come in LCs elsewhere in the world? I have the Cummins B engines in my boat and they are great, but I have never driven a truck with one.

This is such a rotten situation. Sorry to hear all your efforts came to this. The Cummins would be a great swap if it were easier than what's currently available for support parts. With the 25 year rule finally getting us in to 80 series diesels, perhaps they will start showing up as options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom