the cruisers alright, thank god!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:D well, my house nearly went up in flames last night! but, thankfully the cruiser( which is the most expansive thing i own) survived the smoke attack... although everything else i own is covered by ashes.

now onto the real problem. i drive a 94 fj 80 with every option,including front and rear diffs( for those who are less fortunate that was a shot below the belt i know) . however, i don't have a factory installed security system and would like to know if anybody knows what the deal is? i mean , why bother with all the bells and whistles and then leave out the remote alarm/ door locks? please help. are they available after the fact? thanks vic.

Vic,

The factory secutity system (in 94 it was a TVSS or Toyota Vehicle Security System) was an option, not a standard feature.

Unfortunately the installation kit has been discontinued for several years. You will need to pursue an aftermarket system of some sort.

D-

I have a factory system in all mine, thought it was standard but you had to buy the remotes and "install" from the dealer. I have a factoty setup in a parts vehicle. Does anyone know how tough it would be to put in or remove from my parts Cruiser?

Yeah, close call...I wouldn't want all the time I've put into that cruiser to go up in flames!

...counsel has surveyed the damage and advised the homeowner of his rights... ;)

As for the keyless entry...keep it simple...aftermarket with remote starter!

-H-
Who's damn glad he didn't lose a friend in a fire last night! :cheers:

Damn Lag!!! :eek:

You givin pimp a run for his money?

[quote author=lagwagon link=board=2;threadid=8651;start=msg74140#msg74140 date=1071099498]
I have a factory system in all mine, thought it was standard but you had to buy the remotes and "install" from the dealer. I have a factoty setup in a parts vehicle. Does anyone know how tough it would be to put in or remove from my parts Cruiser?
[/quote]

It's not too bad. the controller is under the driver's seat and you just follow the harness forward from there.

The TVSS applies to 91-94 and had three versions, 91-2, 93 and 94. I know the 94 version fits a 93 as that is what I put in mine. 95-up have a VIP system that is different.

if you can locate one from a parts car it "shouldnt" be too hard.

the 96(mine,but a VIP RS3000,as dan states)is the same as far as location goes(black box under drivers seat)and i obtained a toyota "kit" from e-bay(lucky find by a friend right after i got my 96 in march 02).

should be able to "deinstall" from a parts car(maybe take a couple of digicam pics)and then reinstall in your vehicle..my "kit"
came with the scotchloc "thingies" to splice into the door relay and horn wiring(if i remember correctly,and i may not(just a couple of single wire conections ),and a couple of toyota plugs to connect other parts of the harness(multiple wires),so when doing the "deinstall" be very aware of what goes where!!!!!!

doug

ps:glad everyone is OK + the cruiser made it out

So what's the deal with the alarm. My 94 has a black box under the driver's seat. What do I need in order to activate the alarm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom