The corporate world is very entertaining....

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
SILVER Star

Keep in mind I find the corporate world very entertaining and it is not my intent to disrespect any creed or culture. This is out of place in any neighbourhood and I highly doubt that even if you were looking for hispanic snackfoods, the banner would have any effect. I found this article on line that summarizes Walgreen's corporate plans. Aside from the company abusing eminent domain to build four of these less than a mile from my house, a banner like this just doesn't make sence.

From the internet:

Phase I of the BDM rollout addressed three key criteria: age, income and ethnicity.

Phase II looks even deeper into neighborhood preferences, for example, breaking ethnic groups further into subgroups. So instead of building a store for a Hispanic shopper, Walgreens, theoretically, would have several Hispanic shopper prototypes, such as Mexican and Cuban.

Walgreens set an initial timeline of three years to five years for the completion of Phase II, but the chain's work in Corpus Christi suggests it is already well under way.

"To attract customers of all cultures, we customize merchandise by recognizing who's walking through our doors and looking beyond traditional ethnic labels," the company stated. "In Hispanic neighborhoods, we know if our customers are Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban or South American. They all speak Spanish, but that doesn't mean they have the same needs."

To the non-Hispanic shopper, these features can appear quite subtle. From the outside--even on the inside--Walgreens' Corpus Christi stores look very much like your typical Walgreens box. But, to Hispanic shoppers, which represent roughly 68 percent of the local population, the stores send out a message that is unequivocal."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3374/is_4_26/ai_114742928

This is great news! Just yesterday I was going from store to store looking, searching, craving, Hispanic Food. Not Mexican food, actual Hispanic food, just like Caucasian Food, and African-American Food, only apparently different. I could only find Mexican Food, I've heard stories about that, I was holding out for actual Hispanic Food, so man is this a good day or what!?! Si senor! :D

treerootCO said:
From the outside--even on the inside--Walgreens' Corpus Christi stores look very much like your typical Walgreens box. But, to Hispanic shoppers, which represent roughly 68 percent of the local population, the stores send out a message that is unequivocal."
And that message is please buy our s*** even if we are losers.

I love how the parking lot is nearly empty. :rolleyes:

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Jman said:
...I love how the parking lot is nearly empty. :rolleyes:
Why should it ever be full? They're open 24 freakin' hours! There should never be a rush to get there...they're ALWAYS open. People trickle in onesey-twosey all day long...

now it'll be unosey-dosey todo la dia...

I wonder what would happen if someone opened a store that had a big banner that stated, "We now carry White/Caucasian Food & Snacks".

I'm sure it would make the 6:00 national news....

Top Bottom