The Constant Oil Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried something a few months ago that you might want to try if you have those little oil drips.last oil change I filled to where it showed 1/2 a quart low,and the wet oil stains on motor has dried up and not leaveing drops of oil when sitting.pressure remains at 60 like normal,no knocking under load and after cleaning the motor no signs of the ugly oil build up so far.

I tried something a few months ago that you might want to try if you have those little oil drips.last oil change I filled to where it showed 1/2 a quart low,and the wet oil stains on motor has dried up and not leaveing drops of oil when sitting.pressure remains at 60 like normal,no knocking under load and after cleaning the motor no signs of the ugly oil build up so far.

Not having enough oil in the engine is not a good way of curing an oil leak.

I too got tired of the drips left by my 62. Thought it could have been a rear main, but it seemed to leak more after it was sitting that when driven regularly. This lead me to believe it was leaking from the pan when it was full from not running. Pulled the pan (wow!, could not believe I had to use a jack to get it off) and replaced the gasket. Seafoamed before and refilled with 2 gallons of Delo

No more leaks!. There is one spot where looks as if there may be a slight leak from the rear main, but it does not hit the ground while sitting. Mud price from cruiserdan was 18.00 for the gasket, and 10 bucks for TGRP (sealant for the corners).

Once loose, pan was easy off and back on, and I too would rather fix the leak than leave the oil short

Seems like the best thing to do with oil leaks is just to bite the bullet and replace gaskets so you wont have to worry about it. By the way...Ive read all over this forum that synthetic oil causes leaks. This couldn't be farther from the truth in my case. 196K..replaced dino with Royal Purple and no leaks. It didn't leak before with dino...and didn't leak at all with syth... Urban Legend??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom