The Car Care Nut Mechanic review of 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just watched that too.

Not sure why the bumpers look off to me - did some versions actually come color-matched, or were those sprayed?
The guy said the owner sprayed/coated the whole bottom. So maybe they did the bumpers??

Going to get a quality repaint in 6M1 in a few years. I kinda dig the patina. Roof and tailgate/hatch have been repainted under my ownership. Rest of it was done by previous owners.

Thanks for sharing. I like this guy's content. I've watched a few over the past few years and he knows Toyotas really well.

Starting to spread.

16873744520243768058124504192868.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I like this guy's content. I've watched a few over the past few years and he knows Toyotas really well.
Yup i am a subscriber to his channel too.

I learn something new everytime I go there. I'm lucky to be so close to him. I work about 10 minutes away from his shop. Perfect scenario.
Is he as nice as he is on Youtube?

All due respect to him, but he's in over his head calling this a pristine 80. Dude should just stick to routine maintenance work which I'd gladly give him my biz if I lived in rust city Chicago.

It reminds me of that infamous eBay dealer with hoards of 80s who goes gonzo with undercoating to cover up fail, but hey one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Is he as nice as he is on Youtube?
He's a genuine person who would make the best teacher. Doesn't talk down to you, always so enthusiastic about what he's talking about. I've spent several hours just having conversation about non toyota subjects. He has a great crew working there. Wife is nice as well. Good people.

My bad, homey! lol
I was in the Army so I've been insulted way worse lol. I love it here because it's honest! I have a great driver 80 but no means a pristine. Now for being driven around here.. yeah I walked away from most rigs I went to check out. It was a long search 😅

All due respect to him, but he's in over his head calling this a pristine 80. Dude should just stick to routine maintenance work which I'd gladly give him my biz if I lived in rust city Chicago.

It reminds me of that infamous eBay dealer with hoards of 80s who goes gonzo with undercoating to cover up fail, but hey one man's trash is another man's treasure.
nice humble brag

I was in the Army so I've been insulted way worse lol. I love it here because it's honest! I have a great driver 80 but no means a pristine. Now for being driven around here.. yeah I walked away from most rigs I went to check out. It was a long search 😅

I owe you a drink. :D Thx for dealing with my honest reaction.

I watched thinking that I did admire the owner's willingness to keep it near stock. Sometimes I look at mine and want to wave a magic wand at it and go back to bone stock state. Enjoy your 80 and awesome connect. God bless him and his new shop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom