The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still waiting on parts from Dubai. So I grabbed a few totes at home Depot today to sort my gear i keep in the back. I had 1 big tote. I decided to split them between recovery gear and fluids and spares.

The black bag in the recovery tote has shackles, a tree saver, gloves, a hitch shackles and both remotes for my winch. I still need to buy a good snatch block.
The yellow bag is first aid, a long with ice packs and hand warmers.

View attachment 3252587

View attachment 3252591
Nice and tidy!

Just how I like it....

And because no good deed goes unpunished I snagged the tailgate carpet and broke half the damn clips

I ordered a bag of 50. The doors need a few also.
I hope your clips are more resilient than mine. Every time I remove the door panels or the quarter panels they shatter. I’m about to pony up and get some actual Toyota ones, not because it’s more cost effective, but I’m tired of having to instal them Again and again.

I hope your clips are more resilient than mine. Every time I remove the door panels or the quarter panels they shatter. I’m about to pony up and get some actual Toyota ones, not because it’s more cost effective, but I’m tired of having to instal them Again and again.

Well hopefully this is the last damn time I remove the panels lol

Pulled the ole girl in for some much needed maintenance.

20230302_181707.jpg

After getting the rear brakes apart they were as worn as I thought but definitely neglected.

20230302_184653.jpg
20230302_184643.jpg
20230302_184705.jpg

And some of the parts going in. I realized I'm missing an oil seal.

20230302_184702.jpg

That’s a good looking list of tasks.

@PNWTreeOctopus peer pressured me into replacing the vapor seals on my doors while they're apart.

I ordered all 4 from my local dealer and grabbed some butyl rope at napa.
It’s an oddly satisfying job.

@PNWTreeOctopus peer pressured me into replacing the vapor seals on my doors while they're apart.

I ordered all 4 from my local dealer and grabbed some butyl rope at napa.
I never knew butyl rope was a thing. Good to know!

And I stopped getting notifications on the threads I’m following. Weird.

Good progress.

I don’t want to stir up any PTSD, but how’s your transmission operating since the debacle?

Holy s***, what a thread, read through all the pages. Its like a movie where do guys hate each other and then become best friends lmao.
s*** transmission luck. I like those JDM diesels but I've been reading that it's way more expensive to maintain that a gas for a daily. That exhaust sounds sweet tho.

Holy s***, what a thread, read through all the pages. Its like a movie where do guys hate each other and then become best friends lmao.
s*** transmission luck. I like those JDM diesels but I've been reading that it's way more expensive to maintain that a gas for a daily. That exhaust sounds sweet tho.

I use 2x as much oil.
I dont have spark plugs.
I have a timing belt

I don't really think it's more expensive to maintain

I never knew butyl rope was a thing. Good to know!

And I stopped getting notifications on the threads I’m following. Weird.

Good progress.

I don’t want to stir up any PTSD, but how’s your transmission operating since the debacle?

Rock solid

No. I've never taken the rear end apart. And the front end came apart so easy it never dawned on me to think I'd need them.

But I ordered a handful
I like to carry a complete set including cone, flat washers, studs and nuts in my tool bag in the reg at all times, cheep insurance !

No. I've never taken the rear end apart. And the front end came apart so easy it never dawned on me to think I'd need them.

But I ordered a handful
That's actually how I got my spares. Stripped one out when doing the fronts so ordered a few extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom