The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swapped out the sketchy U-Haul, which was my only option on a holiday weekend, for a real trailer.

20220530_150115.jpg

Someone on here recently posted acquiring the trailer the po of their rig used to haul it. It was a single axle landscape/utility trailer. I was going to chime in with something regarding the inappropriateness of said trailer, but I left it alone. IMO any uhaul item I've had my hands on has been way over built, but ridden very hard and somewhat sketchy looking. That flatbed you have in the latest picture looks proper.

In an effort to try and help this transmission live I bought some parts.

It has a shady trans cooler on it that needs to go.

So today I ordered a tru-cool trans cooler. Isspro 100-280 trans temp gauge.
Some -6 braided line and a pile of fittings to run everything as an instead of rubber hose and barbs.

Following Rodney at WAT's recommendations I am going to bypass the radiator. It's rarely below freezing here.

Interested to know how this works out.

I ordered from PartsOuq less than a weeks ago. Got my package today.

In case anyone with an hdj81 is following and is curious.

The trans cooler:

It's fairly common on the forum. It has good reviews and is over kill. Which is perfect.

The fittings and hoses.
Some are to adapt -6 an to the trans. Some are to adapt the cooler to the -6 an hoses. The rest are for the hose ends that I'll make.
Screenshot_20220601-185109_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220601-185123_Gmail.jpg

The trans temp gauge. Any gauge would've worked. I went with the isspro over automated because it has a better sweep. 270* vs 90*.

I also purchased this fitting to replace the factory fitting so I can add the trans temp gauge.

I'll be running braided -6 an lines from the trans to the cooler and back.
I'll post up images of the parts when they're here.

Hopefully the land cruiser is back before my road trip this summer. It'll be a good time to get some solid data as I'll be in death valley and climbing some mountains.

What did the trans shop say?

Called the shop today. As expected because I didn't have an appointment they haven't started on it. They're hoping to start early next week. I really hope it's ready for my trip.

On a positive note I don't care if @Delta VS is later with my bumper than they already are because I don't have anywhere to put it now

Called the shop today. As expected because I didn't have an appointment they haven't started on it. They're hoping to start early next week. I really hope it's ready for my trip.

On a positive note I don't care if @Delta VS is later with my bumper than they already are because I don't have anywhere to put it now
Hey man, I'm just glad that shop is going to honor their work for a third time. I'm hopeful they unfornicate their previous SNAFUs and you never have to set foot back there for your current issue again.

Keep us informed.

Hey man, I'm just glad that shop is going to honor their work for a third time. I'm hopeful they unfornicate their previous SNAFUs and you never have to set foot back there for your current issue again.

Keep us informed.

I have a hardcopy 3/36 warranty. I'd have a lawyer call them if they didn't.

The bottom cooler is almost identical in size and type to what's on my land cruiser. It's a tube and fin style and not over efficient.

The top is the new one and is a stacked plate style. It's far more efficient and obviously larger.

20220603_211741.jpg

The bottom cooler is almost identical in size and type to what's on my land cruiser. It's a tube and fin style and not over efficient.

The top is the new one and is a stacked plate style. It's far more efficient and obviously larger.

View attachment 3024752
The upper cooler in the photo is the same type as what’s in the USA market 80 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom