Builds The Big Bad Rad Dad LX (Dissent) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, definitely suggest these.

So are you going under the knife or staying the course?
Staying the course!
I keep thinking it’s because I’m over the hill and drive like a grandpa, but every once in a while I’ll punch it when I’m alone and it surprises me.

How much were all the parts for the shower tube?
~ $165. here's most of the parts:

I went with schedule 40 on the end caps so I could pressurize up without fear of explosion. (there's a different type of 6" cap made for waste low pressure....

10' of 6" pipe was $50, and the two end caps were $20 each.

Last edited:
~ $165. here's most of the parts:

I went with schedule 40 on the end caps so I could pressurize up without fear of explosion. (there's a different type of 6" cap made for waste low pressure....

10' of 6" pipe was $50, and the two end caps were $20 each.
Shoot. I was hoping it was more like $250 so I could justify the cost of buying a premade one off eBay.

Shoot. I was hoping it was more like $250 so I could justify the cost of buying a premade one off eBay.
Which ones are $250?
I actually have 2-3’ of leftover pipe that I’ve been letting the kids balance on. Thinking about making a smaller 5 gallon version now that I have the RTT...

Which ones are $250?
I actually have 2-3’ of leftover pipe that I’ve been letting the kids balance on. Thinking about making a smaller 5 gallon version now that I have the RTT...
none but within spitting distance of $350. . . .

Homemade ones or waterports / roadshowers?

something like this. An aluminum 5 gallon tank is $130 so I'll probably just start there and add on some fittings.

Amazon product ASIN B0743L7NDJ

I finished up a few small projects and then we took a quick 2 day camping trip 1.5hrs north of Houston.
- I had initially built my drawer box/ Sleeping platform to the height of the back of the 2nd row seats, but it put me at a weird incline that wasn’t very comfortable. I managed to break apart the sides (wood glue 🙄) and raise it ~1.5”. The exped was able to mind the gap without having to shove anything in there 👍

- I permanently mounted the inverter, LiFePO4s, and Victron dc-to-dc and got everything wired up.
btw, how many positive leads is too many on the stock Pos stud? 😂

A1DA898A-4E1C-4CB0-A96A-457D8088A34E.jpeg

731CA9B5-4484-4845-9FE9-D4E1E349D9E8.jpeg

14EFD9FB-0599-4509-87F5-DA527F9CE616.jpeg

476D7945-2AC9-43B1-AB44-F58E14339FEA.jpeg

536C2140-7472-41CD-8882-71DD7F3C4286.jpeg

Grab one of the Slee terminals 🤙 lots of places to run cable off of.
They are nice and all, but $200! Maybe I’ll wait until my stock stud melts off 🤷🏻‍♂️

THey went to billet to avoid the corrosion issues.

I have this deal with my wife where I try to build her something every time I build something for myself. She got a window bench when I built the platform, and I just made her an 8' tall laundry cabinet. I would normally build drawers with 1/2" birch, but I had 3/4" scraps and figured an overbuilt drawer would go well with the beef (500lbs load capacity) drawer slides. I completely overlooked how massive these things are (20lbs!), but 🤷‍♂️

I spent 30 minutes on her cabinet and nearly 2 hours gluing, filling screw holes, edge-banding, and sanding the drawer :cool:

kid tested, mother approved!

Now I just need to paint it and maybe find a way to make a drawer face to accommodate those slide locks.

In hindsight, i should have gotten the less expensive amazon ones that @grinchy found:
Amazon product ASIN B08BPBK5SW
These are the ones i used:

02519EB4-BDD8-4FB3-939F-03805748B6A7.jpeg

61599FAD-3CC4-4F5C-853F-14E69609BB1C.jpeg

60CD48B5-573D-4B70-B4AB-ADFE4586DFD1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice work. Just made a console for our living room using same techniques. Amazing what some plywood and edge banding can do. (Also, sorry to muck up your build thread. I can remove if it’s distasteful, never sure about the etiquette on these things.)

0176548D-F187-4389-9074-FED9AE798407.jpeg

Nice work. Just made a console for our living room using same techniques. Amazing what some plywood and edge banding can do. (Also, sorry to muck up your build thread. I can remove if it’s distasteful, never sure about the etiquette on these things.)

View attachment 2641760

What’s distasteful is that I don’t have one just like it 😂

Amazing what some plywood and edge banding can do. (Also, sorry to muck up your build thread. I can remove if it’s distasteful, never sure about the etiquette on these things.)
bring it! what do you use to trim off your edge banding? I just ordered one of these:
Amazon product ASIN B000WUI0N2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom