Builds The Big Bad Rad Dad LX (Dissent) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn, that's unacceptable in regards to the folded fins on the radiator. So I am assuming that the swing outs are going back on now?

Damn, that's unacceptable in regards to the folded fins on the radiator. So I am assuming that the swing outs are going back on now?

Depends on if I decide to go to LCDC this year. A spot opened up for me, but for some reason Fort Collins doesn’t seem too appealing.

It only takes 5-10 mins per swingarm to remove/ put back, so I swap around more than I thought I ever would.

After 3 years of patiently searching for a 5th spare, I came across 2 for $350 each. For some reason, Toyota decided to stamp the same part number on 3 different variations of wheels - Satin black, flat black, and trd vs pro stamp on the wheels. On top of that, wheels range anywhere from 350-$800 per wheel 🙄
Glad to have the set, but now I have to find 4 more to replace the 21s on the ‘18!

7D6B0F50-2FC9-4002-88B6-FD5B10BBE498.jpeg

no cool box or entertainment on the ‘18, but the wife was more interested in white with black interior. Was pleasantly surprised when I realized this particular package had HUD, 2nd row cooled (vented?) seats, and sport+ with actual transmission driving mode.
Plan to keep P rated tires on the bbs 18-inch wheels.

DEA99590-3C90-4BC4-9729-ECD2CEAF2298.jpeg

Last edited:
Same setup as our 2019, great options.

I am waiting to see what the baby of two lx570s looks like!

So wife's becomes the balanced overlander, letting your rig become the wild child on 40s? :beer:

Last edited:
Well, I experienced my first limp mode today. Coincidentally, I had a bunch of service performed recently… new radiator, new valley leak fix, and an oil leak was fixed from the front engine cover.

However, all that work was done about 2 weeks ago and ~100 miles put on during that time over short distances.

Would you say it took that long to throw errors or unrelated?

CD10E2FF-0E5D-4029-A577-7A1E7225E41A.jpeg

85E06C69-111F-4E1D-ACF7-5F0FA2CB4AC8.jpeg

Weird.

I'd be looking for a loose wire on the even side of the engine.

lights were gone today when i started her up. I even left the pig idling in the driveway for 45 minutes, and no lights 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom