The Best Rear Bumper Out There! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMHO

So I had this idea for what I wanted for my rear bumper.
  • The most departure angle
  • Rear winch
  • Intergraded receiver hitch for towing
  • Recover points
  • Removable tire carrier
  • Removable ladder
  • Removable gas/water tank mount
One of my biggest goals was the rear winch, but I didn’t want to give up any departure angle, I still tow stuff and I really didn’t want to have the winch offset to one side. That’s just my personal preference, I’m sure that it would work offset just as well. The design that came as close to most of the specs was 4x4Labs. The others out there are great as well, but this one came closest to the picture in my head. So I thought about the kit that they offered because I do love to weld and I could just make the changes myself. So I gave them a call and ended up talking to Luke. I told him about my idea of two intergraded receiver hitches and the winch in the middle. He seemed to like the idea and knew where I was going with the two receivers. Right away he knew that I wanted removable piece that was a two into one receiver. Well he turned out to be a great guy and I sold my arc to buy a mig so I thought it would be best to just have him do the whole thing. I’m glad I did because everything turned out great. I may have had the idea but it is still Luke’s design that made it work. The bumper is designed to hold a Warn 12K winch, but right now I just have a Ramsey 8K mounted. It will be upgraded soon; one of the photos was taken at Luke’s shop with a Warn 12K mounted. There is a skid plate under the winch for protection yet the controls are still easily accessible. I took a bunch of photos to do a little write up on an install, maybe I’ll still do the install write up. Plus, I still need to snap a photo of towing but here are some pics of the finished product.

It truly is the best rear bumper out there in my humble opinion.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

That is amazing!

Luke's bumpers can do it all!:beer:

Nice Bumper! Did you weld/assemble it yourself or it came assembled like that? What was the total cost if you don't mind me asking?

Holy crap.

I did not think I could be jealous of another rear bumper since mine is Luke-made as well.

You have officially made me jealous.

However, the winch setup would not work for me as I have a Long-Ranger tank back there, but the concept is awesome!

Nice.

:beer:

That is one excellent set-up! Congrats!

Wait...is that a 33" spare?

(looks in shock at bumper kit in garage and then again at spare 39" and dies a little inside)

that is truly the finest rear bumper I've ever seen...where can / do you go from there?

Very Nice!!!

I have been sketching EXACTLY the same layout for winch mount and hitch using my slee bumper ... you beat me to it :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom