The best Headlight bulb on the market today. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Their own marketing shows half the life of a standard bulb though. :(
Hi just curious what brand HIRnyou tried before going for Osram Nightbreaker laser? Were they Philips or Osram HIR? I am in Europe and cost about the same for Nightbreaker laser or HIRnfrom Osram. Thanks, Ed

The HIR I tried was Toshiba, 9011 & 9012. Now I use Nightbreaker and always keep a spare in the car.

you have to file/trim the tabs. our trucks are 9005/9006 sockets. you probably bought a 9011/9012 bulb right? there are helpful pictures around the web. do a google image search

you have to file/trim the tabs. our trucks are 9005/9006 sockets. you probably bought a 9011/9012 bulb right? there are helpful pictures around the web. do a google image search

I was just about to edit my post. I think my problem is that my truck has H7 bulbs. Which leads me to believe the previous owner switched the headlights out. But the bulbs in there now are horrible.

i believe an h7 bulb will fit into a 9006 housing (LC stock), but now you probably have an h7 plug on the end of you harness. if its just a plug and play adapter, take it off. if you indeed bought 9012 bulbs and trying to get into the stock housings, you need to trim the tabs to fit in the housing. and you may or may not need to go back to a 9006/9012 plug on the end of your harness

edit: for whatever reason, your link doesnt show up for me so i dont know exactly what you bought
edit2: are we talking high beams or low beams?
edit3: HB3 fits into 9005 (LC high beam), HB4 fits into 9006 (LC lows)

Last edited:
i believe an h7 bulb will fit into a 9006 housing (LC stock), but now you probably have an h7 plug on the end of you harness. if its just a plug and play adapter, take it off. if you indeed bought 9012 bulbs and trying to get into the stock housings, you need to trim the tabs to fit in the housing. and you may or may not need to go back to a 9006/9012 plug on the end of your harness

edit: for whatever reason, your link doesnt show up for me so i dont know exactly what you bought
edit2: are we talking high beams or low beams?
edit3: HB3 fits into 9005 (LC high beam), HB4 fits into 9006 (LC lows)
I'll check to see if it's the plug and play adapter. I already trimmed the tabs before finding out I had H7 bulbs so that part is taken care of.

The 9012 bulbs I bought are the Philips 9012CVB2 CrystalVision ultra Upgrade Headlight Bulb (9012 HIR2). I bought them for the low beams.

I dropped Wagner HIR 9011’s into the low and high beams of my 80, nice cheap upgrade Way brighter than the Phillips 9005/9006’s. Wagners are Phillips bulbs without the fancy packaging and they go for $8 at Rockauto. Will be giving them a try in my ‘99 hundy when the snow melts at the cabin.

7A02613E-BD2F-4594-B462-392AB06C0F59.jpeg

I dropped Wagner HIR 9011’s into the low and high beams of my 80, nice cheap upgrade Way brighter than the Phillips 9005/9006’s. Wagners are Phillips bulbs without the fancy packaging and they go for $8 at Rockauto. Will be giving them a try in my ‘99 hundy when the snow melts at the cabin.

View attachment 2212192

I wonder if these would fit my 2003 LX470 stock set up?

I wonder if these would fit my 2003 LX470 stock set up?

I‘m not familiar with those housings, but if your stock bulbs are 9005 and 9006 then I’d think you can try the 9011’s. They have to be modified to fit but it only took me a few minutes per bulb to trim them to fit. They burn hotter and won’t last as long as the stock bulbs so I trimmed an extra low beam bulb and put in the glove box as a spare in case. IIRC I pulled off the rubber ring on my old bulb and added it to the 9011 bulb going in the 9005 location so it would fit snug in the housing and keep moisture out. Can’t wait to see what they do in my 100 housings.

I‘m not familiar with those housings, but if your stock bulbs are 9005 and 9006 then I’d think you can try the 9011’s. They have to be modified to fit but it only took me a few minutes per bulb to trim them to fit. They burn hotter and won’t last as long as the stock bulbs so I trimmed an extra low beam bulb and put in the glove box as a spare in case. IIRC I pulled off the rubber ring on my old bulb and added it to the 9011 bulb going in the 9005 location so it would fit snug in the housing and keep moisture out. Can’t wait to see what they do in my 100 housings.

Trim base as below, take O-ring from 9005 bulb and ADD (not substitute) it to the 9011 and it will fit snugly. Much improved lighting over the 9005. Trim a couple of spares and keep them handy. (Wagner from RockAuto, crazy cheap).
9011_9005 upgrade.jpg

Last edited:
Always get a laugh when RockAuto ships the Wagner (re-boxed Phillips ) bulbs. You get this huge box , with another box inside, with another box (the actual bulb) inside of that. I guess they REALLY don't want them to break.

9011 bulbs RA.jpg

Always get a laugh when RockAuto ships the Wagner (re-boxed Phillips ) bulbs. You get this huge box , with another box inside, with another box (the actual bulb) inside of that. I guess they REALLY don't want them to break.

View attachment 2268171
I just received a set few mins ago and this is how they were packed. It'd be better if they bubble wrap the bulb instead of wasting so much packaging. Oh well...

Did you guys put Wagner or Philip 9011 to your low beam 9006? or can I put the 9011 to my low beam instead of 9012? 2007 Land Cruiser.

I guess I'm confused by some of the posts on here - for my '99 LC with stock headlights, we can do HIR 9011 in place of 9005 for high beams and 9012 in place of 9006 for low beams by just shaving the tabs? Or is it 9011 for both? Anyone got links for what has worked best for them?

someone make a chart already. Or there is one and all ya ll are more lazy than I am.

H1
and h7 for the depo one piece that aren't set up for the usa. SO, 1 2 3 4 and 5 if the grey market depos have different sockets for low AND high.

one of you excel masters get crackin

I put depos on my 100 and the low beam output sucks. Think I used 9005 or 9006 silver star ultras IIRC. Any other options with more oomph? Not interested in HID. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom