The Beast is Dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, lots of heartache in this thread :(

Would say same thing happened to yours as mine. The starter contacts broke and shorted to the frame, direct feed to the battery, melt insulation off the wire causing smoke, over heat the battery and set it on fire. Crappy sight to see. Sorry to hear

Thanks for this post. I think I'll rebuild mine sooner rather than later. I'm also going to call my insurance agent. I can't imagine going through this, let alone without compensation.

Man, lots of heartache in this thread :(

Thanks for this post. I think I'll rebuild mine sooner rather than later. I'm also going to call my insurance agent. I can't imagine going through this, let alone without compensation.
I think that is an excellent idea.

I hate you @BILT4ME for making me drive this far. Stop tagging me when they are so far away.
IMG_20200912_172725.jpg

Hahaha, my son is tired of hearing me sing that and paint me a birmingham
But look at all the Quality Time you got to have with him!

Not sure as the whole compartment is destroyed. Fairly knew battery. I suspect on that wet morning it sparked. I had over 240,000 miles on it so there was some oil and gas residue sitting around. It happened just driving down a road

You know how many times I have seen a Cruiser without the battery locked down??

A LOT.

I have even had a subcontractor send me back a truck without the battery locked down, needless to say, I don’t give him any more work.

Had a truck come to me not long ago, shipped from across country, guess what, battery wasn’t locked down.

Guess what happens when the battery bounces up and arcs across the hood?

I don’t know why some people don’t seem to think it is important to have the battery hold downs installed.

Not saying that is what caused this, just saying.

Cheers

Not saying that is what caused this, just saying.

Was my first guess also but I couldn't see anywhere that it arced on the hood and the factory hold down is still there just covered in melted battery box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom