The Beast is Dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a mechanic or another Cruiser head take a look at it before you declare the beast dead. I like most people on this forum would love to get some OEM bits off the Cruiser but I empathize with your daughter's first vehicle. No doubt it will be a lot of work and not cheap but it also might not be as bad as you think.
She really did like it. The engine was running great at the time of its demise. Not bad for 240,000 miles

That's s LOT of work. It will require an entire front clip with EVERYTHING under the hood, a windshield, and possibly wiring harnesses under the dash.

@slow95z rebuilt one that had an engine fire as well and he said it was an incredible amount of work, as they also had to pull the entire dash out to replace all plastic parts affected by this. Think heater core, A/C evaporator, dash pad, defroster vents, intake air box. Probably include front axle wiring harnesses (if any) and all brake hoses and lines. Complete power steering system. Transmission lines. Body mounts.

The FD sure did a number on the hood and fenders to get to it.
AGREED

dude, N E V E R A G A I N will i fix one that caught fire. was a huge pain. hundreds and hundreds of hours....

if you want to sell it let me know, i would love to have it. a buddy needs body parts in that color for his truck and i need a set of axles for one i picked up a few weeks back. got cash and head that way whenever. what part of the state are you in?
Big ole town of Mountain Home

How old is the fairly new battery? If that were my rig I would figure out exactly what caused the fire before I did anything. Maybe consider contacting a local fire investigator from a fire dept. If a shop recently installed a new battery and made a mistake causing the fire than you should be compensated. Repair shops have insurance for just this reason. If a legit shop did something to cause that fire than you are owed some $$$$$.

I had discount tire install new wheels on my old rig and they used the wrong lug nuts. When my wheel came off and caused some damage they didn't hesitate to give me a check for $3,000 to repair the fender and knuckle. If I had hired an attorney I am sure I could have got much more but that didn't seem honest. They admitted their mistake and made it right. No more no less.

You very well could be in a similar situation and I think you should verify the cause of the fire before anything else.

Good luck and I am glad your daughter is safe. Hopefully she hasn't been scared away from cruisers permanently.
She loved it. I even thought about buying her a model newer but I think since she isn't far away from college I will probably look for gas mileage. Thank you for the good info though

Part it if you have time to deal with it or, as others have said, buy another and use it for parts. You indicated you don't have time though so I would look to see if you total it what you can buy it back for and see if another MUD member will buy it back for more than that.

Part it if you have time to deal with it or, as others have said, buy another and use it for parts. You indicated you don't have time though so I would look to see if you total it what you can buy it back for and see if another MUD member will buy it back for more than that.
[/QUOT
Thanks Azca

so anyone between northern AK and middle GA and wants to let me crash with them lol. looks like i can going to get it but i opened my mouth before i saw how far away he was.

so anyone between northern AK and middle GA and wants to let me crash with them lol. looks like i can going to get it but i opened my mouth before i saw how far away he was.
Arkansas is AR. Otherwise, I'd fit into the category and would let you crash at my house.

But I'm actually further away.

(AK is Alaska....) :rofl: :rofl: :flipoff2:

Arkansas is AR. Otherwise, I'd fit into the category and would let you crash at my house.

But I'm actually further away.

(AK is Alaska....) :rofl: :rofl: :flipoff2:

lol yeah, too early and too much going on. my mind is figuratively fried and the wifes is now literally fried... you would not believejust how shot out my nerves are. i dont see how joey @NLXTACY is still running a business but i guess at least they have answers for him. we are still running test after test :(

I totally forgot how the states lined up down there since i hardly ever go south of Virginia. 11 hours is a haul, in the middle of a hurricane too..
We have talked and are going to wait until next weekend at the soonest. Going to see what the hurricane does and that will be after my wife's next biopsy

The beast is dead. Engine compartment caught on fire (ironically, in the pouring rain). The whole engine compartment is burned up except for the motor. I don't know what to do with it now. I don't have the time to rebuild. Any suggestions on the best way to get rid of it. The rest of the vehicle was in pretty good shape.

View attachment 2414728
How old was the starter?

Would say same thing happened to yours as mine. The starter contacts broke and shorted to the frame, direct feed to the battery, melt insulation off the wire causing smoke, over heat the battery and set it on fire. Crappy sight to see. Sorry to hear
Will be sorry to see it go for sure. Thank you for the insight though.

lol yeah, too early and too much going on. my mind is figuratively fried and the wifes is now literally fried... you would not believejust how shot out my nerves are. i dont see how joey @NLXTACY is still running a business but i guess at least they have answers for him. we are still running test after test :(

Dude I feel you 😢

it was a rough three weeks. We went from my wife losing 25lbs in a couple weeks, to “you’re anemic and 12-18hrs from death”, to “oh you have cancer and it’s eating your blood”. All in the span of like 10 days. F’ing nuts. But, eventually she slept. That gave me like 6hrs (10pm-4am) to get as much work done as humanly possible before I could be with her at 9am. It’s own only income so Wits’ End can’t shut down 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom