The Archdiocese FJ45 FST Factory Soft Top (Troopy) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ404345

Drive your 40 series daily !
GOLD Star
Threads
Some times one has to search hard for the right car in the right shape. So after a long time finally 2008 I bought my FJ43 in Colombia.

It had a history of female owners, low mileage, always stored inside, an original truck. Some things has been added to it.

It stayed in Colombia and it was a blast to use it there every year on holidays.

Till this year I brought it to the Dutch Antilles to join the herd.
fj43 Beach 2.JPG

As we know Colombia is a good country for FJ40's and for me the kicker is to find original low mileage FJ40‘s, these are the real time capsules that give that warm and fussy feeling.

As I have family and friends there from time to time I get informed about these kind of FJ40’s, but when you get informed that the FJ45 of the Archdiocese is for sale the madness starts again !

I had to buy it, although I suddenly had visions of this Troopy.

NunsHavingFun2007wallcalendar.jpg

Last edited:
In 1981 the FJ45 was ordered as a FJ45L-KC (soft top) by the Archdiocese directly in the Toyota Head Office in Nagoya, Japan.

It was agreed by the Ministery of Education en was especially for usage by the nuns in the Archdiose monastery in Cali Colombia to do educational field trips.

The truck came with over 100 pages of history in original papers from the beginning ; the telexed order en invoice, all international communication between Headoffice Toyota Nagoya and buyer, shipping , import and maintenance etc.

The original soft top is still with the truck, they let to change it because it became pale.

Also some different directional lights were installed over the years.

FJ45 1981 ST.JPG

Officials taking imprints of the chassis and engine numbers.

FJ45 1981-SOFT TOP TROOPY 2.JPG

Truck still looking out on the Archdiocese.

Although the madness is totally full now, too much Fj40's, I will still keep searching.

I liked to share this rare experience on Mud

:cheers:

Last edited:
Awesome......................................would love to hear the entire story behind it all the way to the assembly line.

Ah, the always elusive 45 Soft Top...

Congratulations on your find.

Juan

Awesome......................................would love to hear the entire story behind it all the way to the assembly line.

As soon as i have the large file I will go through it and post.

Man that 43 is sharp! What kind of front bumper is that? Looks like an ARB but a little different, post some more pics of that baby!

Nice man. Im also waiting for a 45 hatd top. I saw it. The engine is in pieces in the back of the rig.
Let me know when you are in town, we can go wheelin.
I live in medellin.
:D

hi mate

that looks as good as you could pray to find. if you ever get stuck for a hard top I can help,, even have LHD BJ45 with only 36k on it that wants a body.

Giles

Man that 43 is sharp! What kind of front bumper is that? Looks like an ARB but a little different, post some more pics of that baby!
Oh, please...... more pix.....

Nice man. Im also waiting for a 45 hatd top. I saw it. The engine is in pieces in the back of the rig.
Let me know when you are in town, we can go wheelin.
I live in medellin.
:D

Hola Juancho, I take that invitation !!, when im there I will contact you.

hi mate

that looks as good as you could pray to find. if you ever get stuck for a hard top I can help,, even have LHD BJ45 with only 36k on it that wants a body.

Giles

Thank you for the offer, only where it's going it's 360 days sunny and 365 days warm

Some other pictures of the 43

FJ43 Mud 2.JPG

FJ43 Mud 5.JPG

FJ43 mud 4.JPG

FJ43 mud 3.JPG

Last edited:
Your rigs a beauty, love the brown color :cheers:

Not only are the cruisers here fabulous, but the photography is too FJ4043...

I've taken the liberty of downloading lots of your pics from this thread for my already-overburdened screensaver picture-storage-folder..

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom