The Antichrist 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright folks, here she is- @mwalls54 helped me for two weekends in a row pulling this 55 out of the woods.
the previous owner named it the Antichrist, so I may take the liberty to change it to a new name haha

I bought it for 500 dollars off of a family friend who used to DD it until he got married early 90s. It has been parked in the woods at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia for 27 years. The frame is solid, the interior is good, the body is pretty bad.
It is a 1972 fj55 with a 1974 F1.5 motor, headers, 3 speed. Currently it has the original single barrel carb, however there is a OEM 2 barrel in the truck that I will be installing.
It came with so many amazing Toyota documents, pamphlets, brochures, etc. The original owners manual was in it and is in immaculate shape!
This will be a very long build, balancing between Nursing School, starting a family, a deployment coming up this year overseas, etc. The plan is for this to be our "fair weather Sunday cruise to the local corner store/Christmas tree retrieval" rig. We have property on a popular creek in VA and I foresee it being used to go camping there.
While I'm no celebrity like Project Wrong Way, I might do a youtube and IG channel mainly just to hold myself accountable to working on it as well as give people updates on the process.
Off the top of my head, I know I'll be replacing the front axle with a later axle with disc brakes, and new suspension. A friend of mine works at a paint and body shop and If I can source new/better body parts he is going to take it in while I'm deployed.

GOPR0217.JPG

IMG_0868.jpg

DSC02519.JPG

DSC02522.JPG

DSC02527.JPG

Good on you for saving an old friend...lots of work ahead!

Never seen an antenna there, or fender mounted triples for that matter...be interesting to see what else you uncover from the previous life.

:popcorn:

Welcome to the group! That will keep you busy for a while. Has your buddy the body man seen what he committed to yet?

Question on the tag...2BNLV To be in Las Vegas or To be a LV45

Good luck with her and get back safe from deployment.

Welcome to the group! That will keep you busy for a while. Has your buddy the body man seen what he committed to yet?

Question on the tag...2BNLV To be in Las Vegas or To be a LV45

Good luck with her and get back safe from deployment.
Will do! and he has seen photos... hopefully he stays my friend after he takes it on haha! Also, I've stood on the same corner as you in your profile picture when I moved to California from NC! also the license plate is "to be in love" but I wish it wanted to be a LV45 haha

Good on you for saving an old friend...lots of work ahead!

Never seen an antenna there, or fender mounted triples for that matter...be interesting to see what else you uncover from the previous life.

:popcorn:
the previous owner was certainly an interesting man with interesting taste! It had a CB radio mounted overhead inside it

He has his work cut out for him. But it is doable. just the lower rockers are the bad parts. Everything else is mint. lol

I will say this...that front bumper is arrow straight and except for the eye bolts it looks to be immaculate. Between that and the tailgate handle, you already got your money's worth. Better be careful with the pressure washer on the rest of the truck though!

Will do! and he has seen photos... hopefully he stays my friend after he takes it on haha! Also, I've stood on the same corner as you in your profile picture when I moved to California from NC! also the license plate is "to be in love" but I wish it wanted to be a LV45 haha

Can you keep that plate and use it for current registration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom