Builds The Adventure begins: Building an Arkana FJ45 Troopy three door. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have seen a few and was just curious to hopefully one day make them up at the sign shop, my 47 has an outline of a sticker being there though 30+ years anything could happen

Balance and Blueprinting the 2F assembly, checking crank end play.

DSC04407.JPG

Setting ring gap.

DSC04419.JPG

New oversized pistons after boring and honing block.

DSC04420.JPG

Ready for the timing gear installation, using an SOR RV grind camshaft kit, maybe put a little more umph into the Torque band.

DSC04445.JPG

Complete longblock with new 3 groove balancer for AC and PS.

DSC04451.JPG

Looking great. Looks as thought the tub is quite sound.

Very nice, like the open cab hot rod look and I guess a big V8 and supercharger would set it off a treat...

On further consideration I think I prefer the original truck, especially that high roof

Just kidding, I just wanted to see the reactions or lack of to the picture, I thought it looked pretty good though, now back to the Overland build she deserves, Cheers.

Intake looks good as new!

Awesome rig, can't wait to see how it'll turn out. Green is definitely the best color on a 40 imo.

Thanks, I really liked the green on my first one but decided on a different color, here's a sneak peak, very rich looking.

DSC05381.JPG

All the zinc hardware looks nice. Not a fan of powdercoat on a 4x4 but it does look nice. My dad's truck rusted really bad after he powdercoated a lot of parts after several years. The galvanized fenders are awesome. I don't know why more people don't galvanize stuff, it's really inexpensive to have done. SMG sells replacement hood hinge pins if u need them fyi.

All the zinc hardware looks nice. Not a fan of powdercoat on a 4x4 but it does look nice. My dad's truck rusted really bad after he powdercoated a lot of parts after several years. The galvanized fenders are awesome. I don't know why more people don't galvanize stuff, it's really inexpensive to have done. SMG sells replacement hood hinge pins if u need them fyi.

Thanks, the bad thing about galvanizing is that there is soo much heat in the process it warps panels, a lot of these panels wave to you when driving by, but it will guard against rust for sure. I did replace all of the pins for the hinges everywhere, Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom