Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why not do a 60 series grill with 62 series mirros just to round it off, and mount the spare on the side a la 25 series?
Get a custom stretched bezel on it and install it upside down to enrage the 40 series section

homers-car.png

YUMMY!

Clear it as-is and SHIP IT! :lol:

To me.:cool:

I don't care what anyone says, OEM flares are rad. I think they cover enough of the wheel for me. Might just stick with those wheels with a slightly taller and narrower tire.

Agreed on the flares. Maybe wheels with a little more positive offset would tuck the tires in that last bit?

@
Agreed on the flares. Maybe wheels with a little more positive offset would tuck the tires in that last bit?

The problem is, off the shelf wheels with a more friendly offset are generally much more narrow (7" to 7.5") and 17 inches.
These are 16x8 (lends to more sidewall) and I think they look pretty dang good so I might make them work.
Plus, I already have 5 of them.
Assuming rears will articulate without hitting the body/fender. As I said earlier, twisty bits will be happening.

Good job on the wagon. Weird that you have to work this hard for a Cruiser when we buy these 78's (and 79/6' in V8 VDJ guise) new here in South Africa from the dealer (usually it's us who must import and convert to RHD US stuff we want). We do some of the most aftermarket add-ons to J7 Cruisers in the country daily primarily as drivers and for overlanders, so see a number of styles and trends.

Some suggestions if you want to change the look of the front. Firstly, the Satoshi sgrille in-situ (you even get it blacked out) -

IMG_20210210_153947.jpg

LED headlight assembly replacements since OEM is really below par -
IMG_20210218_140506.jpg

IMG_20201116_165333.jpg

PVS steering wheels
IMG_20210302_112856.jpg

Aussie bonnet (hoods)
IMG_20201028_114219.jpg

Last edited:
Good job on the wagon. Weird that you have to work this hard for a Cruiser when we buy these 78's (and 79/6' in V8 VDJ guise) new here in South Africa from the dealer (usually it's us who must import and convert to RHD US stuff we want). We do some of the most aftermarket add-ons to J7 Cruisers in the country daily primarily as drivers and for overlanders, so see a number of styles and trends.

Some suggestions if you want to change the look of the front. Firstly, the Satoshi sgrille in-situ (you even get it blacked out) -
View attachment 2604838
LED headlight assembly replacements since OEM is really below par -
View attachment 2604849
PVS steering wheels

View attachment 2604852
Aussie bonnet (hoods)
View attachment 2604855

And of course big power from the VDJ's-
For suspension, OME's stuff with BP51's just work best out of the box for most surfaces, even compared to Jmacx/King stuff which we do from time to time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom