The 80 let me down today!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going home (Greenwood) for mothers day and i was about 10 miles from the I-77 and I-26 interchange. the 80 just shut down, cruising around 75 with cruise on and in seconds the engine went to zero rpms. there was nothing broken on the engine, no fluids leaking and it would turn over but would not start. i call glenn and he talked me through a few things but with one person it is hard to troubleshoot something on I-26 with cars going 80+. Good thing i have AAA towing, they towed it from columbia to Glenn's shop on folly road and thats where she sits now (9:30pm). hopefully it is not going to be to painful because i just broke down and bought a lift for the 60 today, oh well that's life!

And the weird thing, my Mom was in columbia today for a meeting ( i did not know she was in columbia) and called to see where i was and she was only a few miles from where i broke down, and came to the rescue.

Last edited:
hope it all works out for you....will throw your shirts in your 80 since it is already at Glenn's when I go by. Wonder what it was though....battery crapped due to heat and would not charge....alternator.....only time I have had that happen to me is on my motorcycle...it was electrical short from ignition system so no spark...no fire...so no go go :D

I would recommend anyone with an 80 to check their's a add protection.....mine happend on a trail ride.

Thats the first thing I thought of, We,(I) fixed infojunkys lexus at Cullowee last year, and thats what it turned out to be.
P.S.... All I did to get him off the trail is run a hot wire to the coil.

Thats the first thing I thought of, We,(I) fixed infojunkys lexus at Cullowee last year, and thats what it turned out to be.
P.S.... All I did to get him off the trail is run a hot wire to the coil.

All he did was save me a big ass tow bill and save my but!

Any time, John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom