The 40 runs great! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found out what was wrong with the cruiser. I was gonna change the fuel filter out so while i was at it i took the rubber line before the filter and it had about 2 inches of gunk in it and it couldnt fit through the filter barb to get into the filter. Put a Mr Gasket glass filter on it and she runs like a top, just as well as my Xterra. Sweet! The filter is picking up a lot of bugs and bug parts so im gonna try to get to taking the tank off this weekend but as long as shes running good and the filters picking stuff up i guess the worse it could be is having to change the filter.

So, what are the specifics of this cruiser? New to you, sitting? etc. Seems odd it would just start loading up with bug parts if had been running? Just wondering? Post some pics when you can...

Im a farmer myself but help my neighber,who is an elderly lady farmer in the mornings just because it seems like the moral thing to do. She bought the 78 fj40 in 84 like 75 thousand miles on it and mostly just ran it on the farm a little bit and from there to the fall of 06 on put 105 thousand miles on it total. She then bought a Kawasaki Mule to replace it. I bought the 40 for 800 bucks. The tops beat up and it has a little rust but not much. It didnt run very well, had to squirt gas in the carb to start her every morning. After that i ran the gas out of it, put fresh gas in it and some seafoam and it ran better until high rpms or going up hills it would cut out. I sent the carb to ccot for a rebuild but i still had the same problem which leads me to where i was at with the gunk in the lines. It honestly runs extremly great now. All i need now is a turn signal up front, lense in the back, wipers, mirrors, brake pads, tailpipe and the rusty floor replaced in the back along with the rear sill and its ready for inspection!

I love it when a plan comes together....

Naked farming sounds like fun!

Yeah im 22 and i've wanted this thing since i was a kid. Like or so. I'll never forget going through the fields chasing some calves and cow manure going up and falling on my head and just thinking how awesome it was. I've always had a pashion for convertible 4x4's. Before i had a 79 bronco but never would go the J**P rought just cuz they're everywhere.

Pics please.......sounds like you have a lot of work to do on it and good plan at that. Removing the gas tank may be a good idea. And it is easy to do since it sits inside the cab. This tanks also catch dirt underneath and tend to rust from the outside. Carry an extra set of points if it uses them. Also replace the plugs if you have not already done.

Yeah i plan on taking the tank off as soon as i get the time. Its that busy time of year on the farm getting ready to start havesting. Its not point, electronic ignition and its all new. New plugs also but it had that bad ags run through them afterwards so im gonna replace them. Im gonna make a big order to ccot or somewhere needs some odds and ends things. I'll get you guys some pics pretty soon. Its nothing pretty to look at. I mean its not in bad shape at all with little rust. I'll get some pics soon.

Great story. Glad you got her running... there's nothing like it.

Get us some pics though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom